• Ivory Coast

Votes: 74 45.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
After two weeks of competition we are now left with two, between the home of football and a country in the host continent...

England, after a famous victory over arch rivals Argentina in the Semi Finals are looking to end 44 years of hurt and underachievement, against Ivory Coast, the first African nation to reach the final of the World Cup.

England

2009611180321.png

v

Ivory Coast

ivorycoasthome.png

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I love the Ivory Coast kit, it certainly shows off the best of the Puma Africa template, the Elephant motif is great and the shade of orange is gorgeous. Although, you need to be a bit ripped to carry it off, with the mesh bits.

I like the simplicity of the England shirt. It is everything a football shirt needs to be, no more, no less. Putting aside my national pride, I still think it is great especially given England's rich recent tradition for producing horrible over-fussy kits.

The England shirt isn't my favourite in the competition, but its sheer simplicity and retro feel very marginally swings it for me - the England shirt loooks especially good with the scroll uner the crest - nice touch.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's a fitting final between two different shirts, the simplicity and classical look of the England kit against the flair and futuristic look of the Ivory Coast.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The colour orange should be reserved for tic tacs and Holland, it has no place anywhere else.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The Ivory Coast shirt is brilliant. BUT, a template kit just can't win, it just isn't flair.

England.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
As BOF said, England has got this far because it's England, if it was any other country's shirt it wouldn't have got out the groups. It's simply boring.
Ivory Coast for me, although the rightfull winner is Argentina :rant:.

Rant over.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Completely original, classy and stylish or Template Kit in a nasty shade of Orange. Hmm.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i honestly think, without bias, that the england shirt is the finest example in the tournament.

if it was blue and had an italy badge on it i would vote for it, it's umbro at their very best, producing a ground-breaking shirt, probably the most important since the cameroon all-in-one, and the new bench mark for epic kit design the world over.

i voted ivory all the way through though, and pleased it got to the final, but as mentioned, it's just the best example of the puma africa template.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As BOF said, England has got this far because it's England, if it was any other country's shirt it wouldn't have got out the groups. It's simply boring.
Ivory Coast for me, although the rightfull winner is Argentina :rant:.

Rant over.

Your Argentina shirt lost, just like they lost the Falklands, get over it Evita!

Dirk lovelace

Jul 14, 2009
Classic, pure and simple v loud, orange and over-decorated.

It's like Keira Knightley v Katie Price.

England for me, thank you very much.

(P.S. I'm not English)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here