Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup MOJO

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He's still only 15 so his options are limited anyway, but he does football refereeing, as his source of income. :thumbsup:

Great source of Income, I did the same very often Refereed Beach Huts teams, used to do a double header sunday mornings walk away after a couple of hours fitness and just short of £50 in my back pocket.

As for the World Cup last night really got me fired up, I seriously cant wait, the only shame if it so far is, Sturridge and Lamberts goals havent been in group stage games, both would be remembered for a long time and both would have been celebrated well over the top, beer flying everywhere.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's still only 15 so his options are limited anyway, but he does football refereeing, as his source of income. :thumbsup:

When I were 15 I were workin' down't mine from sunrise t' sundown and narry a copper t' past the bairn.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

My first child is due between the semis and the final. I can't work out whether it coming a week or so early (and thus aligning my paternity leave with the latter stages) would make it easier or harder for me to watch games.

Either way - I'm hugely jealous of anyone in your son's position - tell him to soak it up and make the most of it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
drool drool drool drool drool.

DROOL.

:drool:

And Germany v Portugal five days in. Bit early in the tournament for any Ronaldo tears, but it should be fun anyway.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mine is right back where it should be. I'm as excited as every proper trustworthy man should be*, and yet two weeks ago I was decidedly meh about it all.

Is your mojo still missing or are you excited? Just think, all those nights of proper football on the telly without getting it in the neck from anyone (well, the wife) in the house who isn't bothered. :drool:

*never trust a man who doesn't like football.

Well, I've completely mirrored u mate. Wasn't feeling it but now very much am. Some if England's younger players performances last night have helped, as has watching those 50.great WC moments on bbc3 in the last week or 2!!!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Apart from the obvious ones, I'm also especially excited about any games involving Chile, Bosnia & Belgium.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i've been bouncing off the walls for about a month now. I absolutely love the world cup. My favourite thing is about it is that you watch games that otherwise you wouldn't DREAM of watching

'what you doing tonight?'
'watching bosnia vs iran OBVIOUSLY'

At some point, I will look at the clock and realise it's past midnight and I'm still up because I'm watching HONDURAS vs ECUADOR/BOSNIA vs NIGERIA (both 11pm KO).

And I will smile.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
MOJO factor just gone up a notch as I've only just spotted that if we get out of the group, we play one of Columbia, Greece, Ivory Coast or Japan in the round of 16. Would like to think we'd get past any of them. So 1/4 finals it is then :thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm probably simmering at about a 5 ATM but as soon as it starts I'll be up to 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here