Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] World Cup Hangover (not based on Charlton result)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am concerned we are going to suffer a real drop off in player form post World Cup. That’s not based on tonight’s result but it certainly has solidified the thought in my mind.

Alexis Mac will be buzzing but his head won’t be in the domestic game for weeks.

Trossard had a really poor experience at the World Cup both in terms of game time and the team results. We know he drops off for weeks at a time and I worry he will now.

Likewise the Ecuadorians and the high of the tournament versus the low of the first round exit.

I think we will really struggle at Southampton; partly because of the above but partly because they only had two players on international duty and we had 8. I would expect them to be much more energetic and cohesive.

Finally I think tonight does emphasise the squad depth issue. We are definitely one or two short.

Would love to be wrong on all the above.
Don’t forget the Nathan Jones effect. Really looking forward to his shitehousing if we lose :rolleyes:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Don’t forget the Nathan Jones effect. Really looking forward to his shitehousing if we lose :rolleyes:
I’m usually a glass half full fan but I would bite your hand off for a point right now. I don’t see anything but a defeat on Sunday for all the reasons listed.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Now it’s been confirmed that Webster and Welbeck are out along with Ali Mac and obviously Moder and Mwepu the squad is looking seriously stretched. Investment in January is not a nice to have it’s must as per RDZ’s comments.

Southampton could be a long afternoon.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’m sure somethings going on with Trossard. Probably a bid turned down.
He needs to do what Bissouma did last season, and suck it up, til the summer when we’ll let him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here