Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Final '66 in Colour - Channel 4 Tomorrow (Saturday) 17:40 - 20:00.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Many would claim, (perhaps rightly), that the third "goal" . . . wasn't, and that the ball never crossed the line. Either way though, 3-2 would still have been a win.

I know, I watched it on tv on the day. That doesn’t answer why the poster said it was a pity.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I watched it live, and watched it again a few years' ago. Obviously in black and white. Looking forwards to seeing it again in colour.
SPOILER ALERT! - Although Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick, Alan Ball was absolutely superb and certainly a "Man of the Match" contender.

last time they did this, we lost to Brazil in that freak Ronaldinho goal. I won't be watching.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
A little bit 'physical'

The olden days when they all let one another 'know they were there' [emoji106]
Ball boys get the ball straight to the player and back playing throw ins so quick.. Frantic. You realise the stoppages and delays these days. Even removing the VAR delays.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ball boys get the ball straight to the player and back playing throw ins so quick.. Frantic. You realise the stoppages and delays these days. Even removing the VAR delays.

To be fair, you couldn't get a beer, you would have to piss up a wall and some little f***er would have a rattle right next to your ear, but it wasn't all bad :wink:

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
To be fair, you couldn't get a beer, you would have to piss up a wall and some little f***er would have a rattle right next to your ear, but it wasn't all bad :wink:
Yes good days, wouldn't want to replace those Old Skool memories. They certainly were not the days of passing at the back for 20 minutes and going nowhere either!!! Always forward thinking.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That "tackle" by Stiles in the first half warranted a six-match ban at least. Punishment?, nothing!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Many would claim, (perhaps rightly), that the third "goal" . . . wasn't, and that the ball never crossed the line. Either way though, 3-2 would still have been a win.

Just a sneaking suspicion that if the 3rd goal hadn't been given, then the Germans wouldn't have left acres of space for Hurst to score the 4th.
But anyway it swings and round abouts as we have seen in Lampards goal and the hand of god.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They gave away the CD a few years ago of the colourised version in one of the papers which I sadly lost.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've seen all the goals of course, probably hundreds of times over the years, but I think that was the first time l have seen the entire match, end to end.

Made me smile to see so many players, on both sides, almost out on their feet towards the end of the game, no substitutes in those days of course.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I've seen all the goals of course, probably hundreds of times over the years, but I think that was the first time l have seen the entire match, end to end.

Made me smile to see so many players, on both sides, almost out on their feet towards the end of the game, no substitutes in those days of course.

Subs were introduced in the league in 1965 but not in the World Cup until 1970.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here