Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Twelve

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
I'm no tactician, but I feel that those Japan games are worth analysing, frame by frame, pass by pass, tackle by tackle.

They won the game with 18% possession.

Read that sentence again. This is about efficiency. Effectiveness. There is so much to learn from those videos.
Can't be right commentator sald you can't win games with 18% possession 😂🤣😂
Also weren't Germany involved in another ball crossing the line controversy😱

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
coming in to the saga late, not knowing what they're on about immediately saw the ball was still in. clearly breaking the line from the overhead view along the line. i dont know what they are wittering on about wanting to see proof, its right there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Could really get used to Germany being consistently shit at tournaments.

Out to a ball that REALLY looked like it crossed the line, whilst we stride onwards (again) with a mostly youthful, talented and likeable side.

If only the Germans had a word for Schadenfreude.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The current rule states that the whole of the ball has to be over the line. It looks ridiculous when 97% of the ball is over but, kept in ...but, that's the rule ! It is what it is.

Call it a stupid offside rule for footballs 😁

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm no tactician, but I feel that those Japan games are worth analysing, frame by frame, pass by pass, tackle by tackle.

They won the game with 18% possession.

Read that sentence again. This is about efficiency. Effectiveness. There is so much to learn from those videos.
It was just a Witty comment about the results. Not style of play or in depth analysis my G.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The only thing that photo DOES definitively prove is that some people don't understand:

a) the ball is spheroid
b) if any of that spheroid ball is overhanging any part of the white line, the ball is in

What that photo DOES NOT definitively prove is:

a) the ball is out
b) the ball is in

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not quite. Should they win Group G, Brazil would be in the top half.

Spain are now in the bottom half with the likes of us and France.
Ah, that's why Spain are gutted tonight then. They're petrified of us :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I've just popped in to say Souness and Neville..... both massive bellends........

I could choose which is the bigger helmet but not worth the effort.
They are, but where they do have a point is the lack of replays / camera views / slowness of replay, plus they seem to be getting refs to check off sides.

It’s a farce

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This reminds me of the 2013/14 season when Watford couldn’t get their heads around the fact that all of the ball has to cross all of the line.
Was that the one where Sounessians were claiming the disallowed "goal" was proof the championship needed goal line technology and kept harping on about it even though all evidence supported the on field decision?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So Japan go through beating Germany and Spain, but losing to Costa Rica- who were beaten by both Germany and Spain whilst conceding eleven goals in the process.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This reminds me of the 2013/14 season when Watford couldn’t get their heads around the fact that all of the ball has to cross all of the line.
It blows my mind the sheer number of people who don’t understand this rule at all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are, but where they do have a point is the lack of replays / camera views / slowness of replay, plus they seem to be getting refs to check off sides.

It’s a farce
Absolutely correct. FIFA should be providing definitive proof to the viewers. It's almost as if there aren't swathes of people world wide who consider them to be a corrupt organisation.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
492DC49B-C0D1-4DEE-999C-714F0681CB5B.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here