Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Thirteen

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
These last group games are making up for the earlier dull ones. Quality entertainment.

Delighted for Sonny.

Think that penalty shout right at the end was closer than it looked.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oddly the Uruguayan in the BBC studio thinks it was a pen

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
These last group games are making up for the earlier dull ones. Quality entertainment.

Delighted for Sonny.

Think that penalty shout right at the end was closer than it looked.
Always the way though - cagey openers, entertaining at the sharp end. I quite often don't bother watching much until the last round of group games. I do hope FIFA don't go with groups of 3 given how all this has panned out.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
😭😭😭

crying suarez.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The strength of East Asian football is great to see, but where the hell are China?
#Super League
#1.4bn population in which to unearth some talent...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The BBC golfing cabal getting it wrong again. f*** off Cavani, there is no way that was a pen you slippy cheat.
Agreed. I couldn't believe Shearer and co were saying pen. They were running along side each other and Cavani just stuck his leg across the defender in order to fall. It should have been a free kick to Ghana. If ex pros can't see that, what hope do we have?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'm not sure it was a penalty. Live it looked as if it was a fair shoulder barge and as soon as Cavani felt contact he stopped and allowed the momentum of the challenging player to cause a collision. I'm also not sure that I would have felt it was a bad decision if he'd given a penalty.

Ultimately, it could've gone either way and this is probably a stellar example of VAR working properly. (Very glad it went Ghana's way!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here