Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Ten

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

LAW 11: OFFSIDE​

IFAB Laws of the Game 2022-23

"A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area. If the player left the field of play deliberately, the player must be cautioned when the ball is next out of play."
Thanks

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Listening to Andros Townsend in a couple of commentaries, its notable how much he talks about sitting deep, keeping your shape, working hard and defending what you have. You can just hear the voices of Sam Allardyce and Roy Hodgson impressing the low block anti-football that they've used to keep Palace from relegation onto a once creative and progressive player.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Charlton next boys

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
First time I've seen Ecuador and they weren't very good. Senegal controlled that game.

Another flatters to deceive performance from Jeremy Sarmiento.
What is the fuss....don't get the hype, every time I see him play.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Feel sorry for our boys but Senegal deserved the win.

Ecuador too passive until they went behind.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Gutted for our chaps, but Senegal deserved that. They won't be a pushover should Ingerland win B.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only Brighton fans could support a team who could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory 😂

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

LAW 11: OFFSIDE​

IFAB Laws of the Game 2022-23

"A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area. If the player left the field of play deliberately, the player must be cautioned when the ball is next out of play."
Shame that law wasn't around in the eighties. We played a couple of friendlies in Germany and in one of them I turned the ball into the net from a corner only for their defender to step back over the line into the goal and claim I was offside. The local ref disallowed the goal. I think there was a lot of anti-English feeling in our "friendly". :facepalm:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Listening to Andros Townsend in a couple of commentaries, its notable how much he talks about sitting deep, keeping your shape, working hard and defending what you have. You can just hear the voices of Sam Allardyce and Roy Hodgson impressing the low block anti-football that they've used to keep Palace from relegation onto a once creative and progressive player.
The ITV football producer's Rolodex is truly loaded with low talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here