Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Sixteen

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brazil started slowly in each of the group games, but they've gone from the off here.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This Brazil first team are a joy to watch, slaloming round dirty opponents like they don’t exist.

The opener was stunning.
Yes indeed.

I'm very glad they're in the other half of the draw to us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why do some folk here loath Brazil, fear or anger when pundits tell the truth about beautiful football?

This Brazil first team are a joy to watch, slaloming round dirty opponents like they don’t exist.

The opener was stunning.
Because for donkeys years we had Brazil this Brazil that shoved down our throats. And that's when they were rubbish. And then there's the horrible cheats like Neymar and richarlison. Turned the TV off when that pen went in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why do some folk here loath Brazil, fear or anger when pundits tell the truth about beautiful football?

The opener was stunning.
I don’t loathe Brazil, remembering the brilliant players they’ve had especially Pele.
Richarlison is a cheat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Lovely football from Brazil. Could do without all the showboating goal celebrations though.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Beautiful football that's a throwback to the great Brazilian teams of the past.

I really hope that Pele's watching this. It's the best tribute to him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because for donkeys years we had Brazil this Brazil that shoved down our throats. And that's when they were rubbish. And then there's the horrible cheats like Neymar and richarlison. Turned the TV off when that pen went in.
I love ‘em.

Too young to have seen the 1970 team, but 1982, 1994, 1998 and 2002, contained truly brilliant individuals.

I think bizarre hate is a really British thing, I could be wrong. Jealousy and hating superlatives, whether it be successful stars in these islands or across the globe. I wonder when it started? Did the average Brit on the building site or office in 1970 despise Tostao and Jairzinho, in 1974 Cruyff and Krol?

I call @Harry Wilson's tackle , I find his societal analysis interesting.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The best news for South Korea is that they've now got 15 minutes without seeing any yellow shirts.

Yeh it's good but poor old Korea are the worst team in the last 16

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I love ‘em.

Too young to have seen the 1970 team, but 1982, 1994, 1998 and 2002, contained truly brilliant individuals.

I think bizarre hate is a really British thing, I could be wrong. Jealousy and hating superlatives, whether it be successful stars in these islands or across the globe. I wonder when it started? Did the average man on the building site in 1970 despise Tostao and Jairzinho, in 1974 Cruyff and Krol?

I call @Harry Wilson's tackle , I find his societal analysis interesting.
My first WC was 1970 and obviously England would win it. Until I saw them vs. Brazil.
One of the best best WC games of time but then realised we were actually 2nd best, if only by a sliver.

Richarlison may be a panto villain but I'd love him leading our line - he's as talented AF. Aggressive, streetwise, f'ing bloody minded - and hilariously he won't get in the Spurs side cos of old man Kane and face shield boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here