Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Seventeen

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The Ronaldo offside goal...... wasn't the pass from inside their own half?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mr bloom….please ask whoever is our talent spotter to go and get Breel Embolo.

he looks like the forward we have been looking for.

thanks

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I hope Morocco are still enjoying their evening...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
D4D2C6CE-3F1F-4777-B318-A7BBB94A1A71.jpeg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm intrigued to know what final folk would like to see
Portugal v Brazil - old country v colony

Argentina v England for all the reasons we know
Well surely most folk on here would rather England be playing in the final than Portugal, apart from those on here who love at any given opportunity to tell us that they aren't supporting England for whatever reason 😴

England v whoever - don't care who but would obviously love to see us in the final

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Portugal v Brazil - old country v colony

Argentina v England for all the reasons we know
If England get there, then Brazil would be great for purists if not for chances to win. To beat Brazil in a WC Final though...

If England don't make it, then I'll happily take Argentina v Morocco for plenty of reasons.

As well as African / Arab success, it's the chance for a current Albion player to become a World Cup winner.

25 years on from the end of the Goldstone, that would be quite something.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
England vs. anybody from the left hand side of the draw ......... or ...................
.... Argentina (with Mac) vs. anybody from the right hand side of the draw.

Any other combination ..................... I couldn't give a flying f ............................

(and genuinely probably won't watch)

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
France vs Brazil or Argentina would likely be the prettiest final since 1998.

I'm sure I'm not the only Brighton fan here who's not pro-England... Am I? Surely our fans from Ecuador, Argentina, Belgium have their own favourites outside their own countries? Will anyone from this board beat me to a bloody virtual pulp if Les Bleus defeat The Lions Saturday?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Shocking penalties from Spain
Not shocking at all, in any way what’s so ever.

Spain took their penalties like they normally do. They now have a 20% penalty shootout success rate in World Cups. Played 5, lost 4 (the one win was against little Ireland in a 2nd round match 20 years ago).

Penalty shootout records just don’t change over time. Brazil’s WC 100% record is very unlikely to change because of the historical confidence they have, they know they always win them whilst the likes of Spain and England know they mostly lose them.

Just like opponents of England, Morocco knew they only needed a draw and Spain would crumble in the shoot-out. Portugal will be praying for England in the semifinals knowing they just need a draw.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Penalty shootout records just don’t change over time...England know they mostly lose them.
Except that having lost 6 of their first 7, England have won 2 of the last 3...over the last 4 years, England have moved from a 14% record to a 30% record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here