Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup 2030 - Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Spain, Morocco AND Portugal

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is an insane idea with all the climatic issues going on, said a Brighton fan via his mobile on an Easy Jet flight to Marseille :lolol:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
The six automatic qualifiers isn't really as mad as it sounds, given that 5 of them would almost 100% certainly have qualified by merit anyway.

Only Paraguay would have struggled, most likely.
That's a good point, well made. My first reaction was that the only way Scotland is ever going to go to a World Cup again is to concoct a hosting bid with San Marino and the Faroe Isles but actually... taking Spain & Portugal out of the European qualifying pool probably brings our odds in to something like 50/1.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
In 1930, Paraguay didn't play in the first game and they finished bottom and went out in the group stages. What special moment of theirs are FIFA claiming to be marking 100 years later by involving them in this?
Maybe a Paraguayan won goal of the season on MOTD in 1930 🤷‍♂️

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oprah Lol GIF by Amy Poehler's Smart Girls

“You can host the World Cup! You can host the World Cup! You can host the World Cup!”

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
No, I very much doubt they could. Partly because FIFA demand so much and make it cost so much. It's a shame that they couldn't team up with a neighbouring country. I think a north african world cup would be something really special.
I agree,but the Morocco - Algeria border has been closed for some years

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Saudi much more likely to win bid next time if the 3 biggest footballing continents are all out the running. Some officials are going to be rubbing their hands together at the prospect.

Wonder if they’ll have to give most of the games to Pakistan and India, whilst Tonga, Solomon Islands and Papua all get a game each and auto qualification?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here