Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup 2030 - Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Spain, Morocco AND Portugal

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
To be played is six countries across three continents. Automatic qualifying for all six.

Home advantage for Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay opening games.

Stop the madness!

Last edited:

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Ok, so that's not what that tweet (X or whatever the f*** you are supposed to call these things now) actually says. It's just three countries, all in South America. According to CONMEBOL, but not confirmed from FIFA yet.

Edit: ok, this clears things up a bit https://theathletic.com/4929110/2023/10/04/world-cup-2030-hosts-morocco-spain-portugal/

Morocco / Spain / Portugal will host - but with the opening three games in South America. Which is daft. And environmentally destructive. But I think FIFA have still not officially said this is what's happening.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, so that's not what that tweet (X or whatever the f*** you are supposed to call these things now) actually says. It's just three countries, all in South America. According to CONMEBOL, but not confirmed from FIFA yet.
Ok, that was just to quickly illustrate the story which is breaking around the world. Have updated embeds.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Also Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay all automatically qualifying? Why even bother with qualifying then? Probably just expand it to 128 teams and be done with it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The six automatic qualifiers isn't really as mad as it sounds, given that 5 of them would almost 100% certainly have qualified by merit anyway.

Only Paraguay would have struggled, most likely.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why are Argentina and Parguay getting games at home.

It's stupid that Uruguay are but at least there's a reason; celebrating 100 years since the world cup which was hosted in Uruguay. But what is the thinking for Argentina and Paraguay?

Also it's a real shame that shit two bit(but obviously very rich) places like Qatar get the world cup while somewhere like Morocco which would be a mega place for a world cup have to share it.

I f***ing hate FIFA and all the pricks who run this game. Absolute money grubbing bell ends.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why are Argentina and Parguay getting games at home.

It's stupid that Uruguay are but at least there's a reason; celebrating 100 years since the world cup which was hosted in Uruguay. But what is the thinking for Argentina and Paraguay?

Also it's a real shame that shit two bit(but obviously very rich) places like Qatar get the world cup while somewhere like Morocco which would be a mega place for a world cup have to share it.

I f***ing hate FIFA and all the pricks who run this game. Absolute money grubbing bell ends.
I agree with your sentiment, but could Morocco AFFORD to host the entire tournament, with the stadium requirements, hotel capacities, etc? Probably not.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I agree with your sentiment, but could Morocco AFFORD to host the entire tournament, with the stadium requirements, hotel capacities, etc? Probably not.
No, I very much doubt they could. Partly because FIFA demand so much and make it cost so much. It's a shame that they couldn't team up with a neighbouring country. I think a north african world cup would be something really special.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
In 1930, Paraguay didn't play in the first game and they finished bottom and went out in the group stages. What special moment of theirs are FIFA claiming to be marking 100 years later by involving them in this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here