Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Working in an Office Where no one Bitches...

Jul 7, 2003
Much like Gwylam, about 20 years ago I joined a smallish company (around 80 people) who had grown slowly over the years. The atmosphere was fantastic and very sociable. There was one manager who was a bit of a knob and he soon left. We held a leaving party for him which just about everyone attended - apart from him as he wasn't invited! This company was taken over first by one of our distributors and the family atmosphere continued but eventually they sold out to a big US company and that was the end for me. I was made redundant and many others left soon afterwards.

Even now, we still get together occasionally and it feels like I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks rather than it being nearly fourteen years since I left.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
No one better bitch in my office.

I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It's pretty good where I work, they have a policy not to employ wankers and this is seen as far more important than qualifications and experience. It seems to work well!

This is the policy I follow at my company, I was so sick of working in corporate environments where there so many utter wankers that when I set up my own business I decided that it would have to be a place that people loved to come to work to including myself. If you employ one person that bitches it can change the whole atmosphere within a workplace so we are really strict about people having the right personality and that share our culture, values and ethos.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This is the policy I follow at my company, I was so sick of working in corporate environments where there so many utter wankers that when I set up my own business I decided that it would have to be a place that people loved to come to work to including myself. If you employ one person that bitches it can change the whole atmosphere within a workplace so we are really strict about people having the right personality and that share our culture, values and ethos.

And you can figure that out in someone through just an interview?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
And you can figure that out in someone through just an interview?

You can to a point, I think its less likely if you put and advert in a paper and then get people straight in for interview. Most of my office staff either I have networked for in some way, they worked for us in another capacity or they have come to us via a recommendation from someone we trust. You need to put the work in to find the right people. If you have made a mistake you also need to quickly recognise it and do something about it!

Having said that we have a pretty good hit rate for interviews, questions are slanted towards the behavioural and situational. For example I give candidates at least 2 opportunities to speak badly of their current employers/ bosses! I make them very relaxed and people tend to open up and become quite honest. There is also a bit of a sixth sense you develop from giving a lot of interviews over a number of years, probably related to body language and they way people say something. I tend to get a good, bad or ambivalent feeling about someone often only a few minutes in to the interview.

We have 40 staff and in our last staff survey 100% said they were proud to work for us and 100% said that they would recommend us to a friend as a good place to work. I was very pleased with that as its normal with that amount of staff to at least get the odd one or two who are unhappy in some way or another.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's pretty good where I work, they have a policy not to employ wankers and this is seen as far more important than qualifications and experience. It seems to work well!

This is blatant discrimination under the Equal Opportunites Act. If only a wanker was present, to point this out. Ooops:shootself:shootself

The Equality Act 2010 prohibits discrimination in employment or in the provision of training and education on the grounds of any of the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual practices............

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No one better bitch in my office.

I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions. I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! I hate people who do that. They are just horrible people. Bitch, bitch, bitch all day long. Who can stand that. One bitch session after another without stopping to listen to anyone else..........argh! and they keep repeating and repeating the same bitch sessions.

Quiet day at the office then :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have a team of 6 staff. I actively encourage some bitching on the last Friday of every month. In the summer if it is a warm day, we get some food and a few bottles of wine and go sit in the park for a few hours. Or we go and eat somewhere and have a few drinks and I allow everyone to get anything off their chest that might have annoyed them in the last month and we chat about it and find a solution that we all agree on.

If anyone comes to me with any such issues in the interim 4 week period I tell them to write it down and to write down how they might like it resolved and bring it to the monthly meeting where everyone can air their thoughts on the matter and I refuse to deal with it in that interim period.

For the most part it works quite simply because issues that people bitch about are a spur of the moment thing and they get over it within a few days and by the time the meeting comes they are usually over it or it seems less trivial to them. They know that their issue will be addressed if their concerns are genuine and long lasting concerns.

Moral of the story is........Nowt wrong with bitching but keep things in perspective.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I found myself temping in an office a few years ago to make ends meet. I had been out of the office environment for a number of years but was placed in an office in Crawley. Within half an hour of being there on my first day I remembered why I became a tradesman and left office work behind. So much bitching. I knew too much about too many people withing minutes of being there. office gossip and "right, you wanna keep an eye out for that one" type asides.

At 9:50 I went into the managers office, told her the atmosphere was hideous and the staff were vile and I will be leaving. I wished her luck and left and have never worked in such a place again. Touch wood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here