Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Other laptop is due back from a service tomorrow morning, so I shall do the draw then.

Might have to change the format slightly with a couple of no shows. I'll see what the state of play is.

Other laptop is due back from a service tomorrow morning, so I shall do the draw then.

Might have to change the format slightly with a couple of no shows. I'll see what the state of play is.

Good stuff BoF. Would be useful to see consolidated results, as I suspect that I've still got a couple of games to play but have completely lost track of how many times I've played each person in my group.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
BinkyBlue accumulated results Group A
Home Away
------ -------
Box of frogs 283 vs Binkyblue 416
Flakehound 297 Binkyblue 421
BravoT 271 Binkyblue 390
Mr Sheen 2011 282 BinkyBlue 361
Binkyblue 431 Box of Frogs 275
BinkyBlue 342 MrSheen 2011 324
Binkyblue 358 BravoT 338
Binkyblue 403 Flakehound 390
Binkyblue 472 Mattbackhome 302
Mattbackhome 460 Binkyblue 369

Thanks for the latest game Mattbackhome. Nip and tuck all game, I held a slight lead and took the last three tiles. The Z!!! Well, no problem, there's a couple of places to put it.
Almost immediately... "Mattbackhome has beaten you". WTF, checked out with a 7 letter GROANER on a triple word score.
Great score as well.

Yeah it was tight - couldn't believe my luck when I saw that I could finish with a flourish (though GROANER is a pretty ugly word) - especially as you annihilated me in the last game.

Got 3 games to polish off then I'll add all my scores at once.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Mellotron 334
Bristolseagull 326

Game of the tourney for me so far. Bristol flew out the traps and soon had a big lead on me, I slowly but surely clawed my way back up and we were neck and neck for about 6 turns, I mustve managed to check out just in time, I was sure he'd finish me off before I got the chance.

a pulsating encounter! really thought i had you.....

not sure i've actually finished a game against BHAmarc??

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
mattbackhome - 321
BravoT - 357

Finally found some form, and there's only a couple of games left to play. And even they're probably not going to happen - CharlieMunday resigned from our last game!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
a pulsating encounter! really thought i had you.....

not sure i've actually finished a game against BHAmarc??

You are playing the right guy yeah? His Wwf name is MarcBHA...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh and

Mellotron 380
MarcBHA 251

Just one game to go, about to finish it then will post all results.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm waiting for BoF to use the "my dog ate it" excuse. I think it's the only one he's not used yet.

Twat!

NB Only kidding. I was a little bit lazy about posting the tables, but now I do have problems with technology - f*** it, I'll go through all the results again. Finally secured some employment (subject to references) so I can relax and stop pissing about with employment websites.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
NB Only kidding. I was a little bit lazy about posting the tables, but now I do have problems with technology - f*** it, I'll go through all the results again. Finally secured some employment (subject to references) so I can relax and stop pissing about with employment websites.

Congrats BOF!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Group A results

Binkyblue 472 302 mattbackhome
BravoT 349 316 mattbackhome
Box of Frogs 267 354 mattbackhome
Mr Sheen 288 358 mattbackhome
Flakehound 363 261 mattbackhome
mattbackhome 303 309 Mr Sheen
mattbackhome 460 369 Binkyblue
mattbackhome 321 357 BravoT
mattbackhome 415 263 Box of Frogs
mattbackhome L L Flakehound

Real mixed bag of results. Highlights were getting revenge on Binkyblue and the narrow defeat to MrSheen. Last game looks like it will be tight as well...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No worries, but spank you very much. I've started from the beginning and compiled most of the results. Almost done on that front and then will run over them again.

We can then work out which games are missing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here