Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just been given a bit of kicking from Mellotron....he good!

Blackie336 335 - 407 Mellotron

Having another belter with Gaswag though.

Was a good game, managed to just about keep you at arms length throughout, ZENITH and FATIGUE helped me big time.

Rematch time. Getting destroyed by bristolseagull a bit.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ultiali 397 t1tanic 431

Another very close finish, I thought I was a goner... but he got stuck with some dodgy letters at the end, I guess, 'cos he had to pass the last couple of rounds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BiscuitNSC 333 425 Simster71

Bad luck biscuit, good enjoyable expansive game there.

And tinx has just slapped down a 99 point score to haul his arse right back into our rematch. Game on.

Sep 1, 2010
C c c sider. I have finished my letters and the game but my app keeps crashing. Brilliant game for a friendly though. I scraped it at the end

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a point of order - is everyone aware that when your oppenent clears all their letters at the end of the game, whatever you are left with gets DEDUCTED from your total...eg if you are left when a Z and an X when your opponent 'checks out', then thats 18 points knocked off your score. It can have a devastating effect, and is obviously a huge incentive to use up all your letters asap if you can.

(I appreciate most of you hardened players will be fully aware, just a heads up for newbies, as I didn't realise when I first started playing).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As a point of order - is everyone aware that when your oppenent clears all their letters at the end of the game, whatever you are left with gets DEDUCTED from your total...eg if you are left when a Z and an X when your opponent 'checks out', then thats 18 points knocked off your score. It can have a devastating effect, and is obviously a huge incentive to use up all your letters asap if you can.

(I appreciate most of you hardened players will be fully aware, just a heads up for newbies, as I didn't realise when I first started playing).

Do you get the value of their letter as well, so with you example you lose 18 and they gain 18 therefore a 36 point change - I thought that's how Scrabble worked

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you get the value of their letter as well, so with you example you lose 18 and they gain 18 therefore a 36 point change - I thought that's how Scrabble worked

I don't think so, surely that would warp the final score a hell of a lot. I don't recall the final scores swinging THAT much, but I stand to be corrected.

I just tried googling the rules, but I can't get on gaming websites at work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here