Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My match with with Bozza was fairly cut and thrust until he SMASHED me with that 105 points for Quay. I never recovered from that. No disgrace being beaten 312-446 though, looking forward to a rematch (I'll get this first round of games finished up with the others bods first).

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Let's be clear - there were a few words you pulled out that I'd never heard of before and I called "cheat" and to your credit you 'fessed up. You were undoubtedly one of the better people I've played and I know why now.

That is somewhat twisting the events as they occured.
You didn't call me a cheat... I messaged YOU to TELL you I had found the interesting word in the dictionary. Hardly the actions of a guilty person, and hardly a "confession".
While there are no "official" WWF rules, the majority of sites which I trawled mentioned the unenforcability of a "closed book" rule, leading to a convention whereby messages are exchanged at the start of play if you want to stipulate a closed book honour system. This seemed to me to be sensible, but not something which we did.
It is clear that the concensus of people on this board are that this challenge should be conducted without reference aids.
That is how I am playing.

However you are calling me a cheat NOW, with no basis for the accusation casting aspersions on my current games.
When I saw your post on NSC, I offered to forfeit the game we were playing, and rematch with a closed book rule, but you (metaphorically) stalked of in a huff.
You have impugned my honour.
Do you want a rematch now? or wait until we meet in the league?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two pm's have been sent to Danwa08/bangonthemoney, but last activity was four days ago... I'd rather not kick him out of the tournament, so I'll wait a little bit longer.
Give them another couple of days and if no answer, get involved again yourself (plus one other if required).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(somewhat sadly) I've played many thousands of WwF games and there hasn't been a single one where someone has said to me "are we going to use dictionaries?" Not one.

I may not have said "you're cheating there" but I did say something like "that's one he'll of a word, where did you get that from?", which is a polite way of saying "I don't think you came up with that by yourself." You admitted that you'd used a book and that it "kept the game flowing."

I accept your explanation as to why you thought this was the done thing even though, as I say, I've not come across this discussion with any other opponent. And I'm not saying you are still playing in the same way - simply how would I know?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No news from Group B?

That's a bit tight for all those matches!

It's quite relaxed - there will be no forfeits for games lasting a bit longer.

Give them another couple of days and if no answer, get involved again yourself (plus one other if required).

Will do.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
(somewhat sadly) I've played many thousands of WwF games and there hasn't been a single one where someone has said to me "are we going to use dictionaries?" Not one.

I may not have said "you're cheating there" but I did say something like "that's one he'll of a word, where did you get that from?", which is a polite way of saying "I don't think you came up with that by yourself." You admitted that you'd used a book and that it "kept the game flowing."

I accept your explanation as to why you thought this was the done thing even though, as I say, I've not come across this discussion with any other opponent. And I'm not saying you are still playing in the same way - simply how would I know?

Your timeline is still wrong. You are saying you called it before I volunteered the information.
This is important to me because you are implying that my motives were to cheat you.
I suggest you check back on the order of the messaging of that game.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Fight Fight Fight!!

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
BinkyBlue accumulated results Group A

Home Away
------ -------
Box of frogs 283 vs Binkyblue 416
Flakehound 297 Binkyblue 421
BravoT 271 Binkyblue 390
Mr Sheen 2011 282 BinkyBlue 361

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
how do you know Home to Away games if you cant remember who started them? :flounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here