Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words that annoy you...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Palace, Crystal, Croydon, Selhurst, man united, Alex ferguson, sky sports, Bognor Regis.......
The list goes on and on.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
"Do you know what I mean?"

I can't possibly know for certain. I may think I do, but how can anyone be sure? You might have expressed yourself badly.

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I hate it when people on facebook (Generally pikey mum's or self righteous victims) use the word Karma when somebody has done something that displeases one of their friends - e.g FB Poster "Caught my Boyfriend having a 3 way with the slag from the kebab shop and a golden retriever" - reply from PM/SRV "Karma babe, he'll get his one day"

No, no they probably won't.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
I hate the word ginormous. Really hate it!

Another bugbear is how often people use 'devastated'. Woman in the news yesterday was devastated because someone had been fly-tipping outside her house. P***ed off understandably but devastated?

Devastated should be reserved for something significant surely.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Heaps" - Term usually heard from Aussies.

Or the American equivalent "A bunch of" which is only acceptable when followed by the word "flowers" (or a variety of flower).

"Pre-drinks" annoys me too, you're having drinks before you go out and have drinks, so just call them "drinks"!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My girlfriend and i both really dislike the word commitment. In fact it brings tears to her eyes although i'm strong enough to deal with it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've just remembered "nom nom nom"

What the c0ck is all that about?

Then there is also "eXpresso" when talking about a small coffee. :ffsparr:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
"Pre-drinks" annoys me too, you're having drinks before you go out and have drinks, so just call them "drinks"!

This comes from clubbers, having pre-drinks in a pub before they go to a club where the price doubles. It makes sense in that context, anything else is a bit alki.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
People who start a sentence with " I think you'll find this interesting................" Pretty damn sure I won't!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Its supposed to be the noise cookie monster makes in a biscuit frenzy.

Ah right. Even as a CM fan, I'm afraid it doesn't change my hatred of the 'phrase'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here