Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words and phrases they you do not hear anymore.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Never heard this: surely it's "make sure you're home for lunch" in the morning and "make sure you're home by tea" in the afternoon? You can tell that you're not from Moulsecoomb, if any of us were sent out with a packed lunch, it would have been nicked by 10.00 :)

But you do still hear the phrase, we say it to our kids at the weekend and during the holidays

Address all my old mates and my sister this way - so I hear it every week

There are those of us who don't travel to work by car. I can tell you that when you cycle to the station in winter, it IS a bit parky out there (and I'm not afraid to tell people). It does confuse the Americans in the office though

Always thought the Sussex version was " a bit hutchy"

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:bowdown:

British Bulldog may be the greatest game ever invented......do kids still play it?

I expect that we get beaten by Italy and Uruguay at it these days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
" It's just like watching Brazil "

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Gertrude,get me the spam.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Never heard this: surely it's "make sure you're home for lunch" in the morning and "make sure you're home by tea" in the afternoon? You can tell that you're not from Moulsecoomb, if any of us were sent out with a packed lunch, it would have been nicked by 10.00 :)

But you do still hear the phrase, we say it to our kids at the weekend and during the holidays

Address all my old mates and my sister this way - so I hear it every week

There are those of us who don't travel to work by car. I can tell you that when you cycle to the station in winter, it IS a bit parky out there (and I'm not afraid to tell people). It does confuse the Americans in the office though

Always thought the Sussex version was " a bit hutchy"

not sure what happened there bloody iphones and tapatalk, the saying in old sussex was its a bit hutchy not parky, not that it really matters. Another from the Steyning area "Old Ma Gorings got her hat on"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here