Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

woolies

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
manager told me today,friday they are wacking out everything at 50% off,i mean everything,adminstraters in today,cant order nothing else to come in,he doubts that they will be open after xmas eve,hope its true as i want a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
:nono:I went in there yesterday to get some WD-40... Thought it was just the place, but they never seem to have anything I want!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Stuff the wii, half price pick n mix :clap2:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I posted a thread on here last week about stealing pic n mix from woolies and i think 6 people owned up! now it seems its going to hit the fan,i see the true extent of pic n mix thieves have started to show up in droves on every other thread! i hope your all ashamed of yourselves for bringing down the icon that is or was Woolies. :laugh:

Kev_England

Exiled in North Carolina
Dec 1, 2008
Research Triangle Park
I posted a thread on here last week about stealing pic n mix from woolies and i think 6 people owned up! now it seems its going to hit the fan,i see the true extent of pic n mix thieves have started to show up in droves on every other thread! i hope your all ashamed of yourselves for bringing down the icon that is or was Woolies. :laugh:

I used to knick all kids of stuff from the woolies on Blatch Road. Got caught once too: they took us home to talk to our parents about it but that was about it. Well, I was only 10!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
all stores so im told,this was from a store manager

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's not very likely really is it?

Highly desirable console hardware being flogged off for half price?

It'd still fly off the shelves with 25% off

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The administrators will want to rake in as much money as possible in the next 3 weeks to make sure their fees are covered , reduce the debts and pay the staff wages at the end of this month. If everything gets knocked out at half price it will put pressure on other shops to also reduce their prices. PS3 and Wee consoles at 50% normal price will fly out of the door.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just walked past the woolies in Surbiton on my way to work and there are big signs in the window

WOOLIES BIGGEST EVER SALEup to50% OFF ALL STOCK

Looking through the window to where the 360 games are and they are only marked at 10% off.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They don't make much money of consoles and games so I highly doubt the administrators are going to be selling stock at a MASSIVE loss are they

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Oooooh, hold me back!

50% off all:
Gifting
Schoolware
Greetings Cards
Posters

30% off all:
Events (Halloween, Party, Party Wrap)
All X-mas
Gardening
Calenders
Books

20% off all:
Electrical Items (TVs, DVD Players, General Electrical bits n bobs)
All Clothing
Stationary
Home Essentials (kitchen, bathroom, tableware, home adornment)
All Toys
Comms

10% off all:
All Confectionary (drinks, chocs etc)
Computer Games
DVDs
CDs

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The administrators will want to rake in as much money as possible in the next 3 weeks to make sure their fees are covered , reduce the debts and pay the staff wages at the end of this month. If everything gets knocked out at half price it will put pressure on other shops to also reduce their prices. PS3 and Wee consoles at 50% normal price will fly out of the door.

Why will it put any pressure on other stores, Woolworth will only be selling off their stock, they won't be buying anymore - does the next sale on boxing day force other clothes sellers to reduces prices - no

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why will it put any pressure on other stores, Woolworth will only be selling off their stock, they won't be buying anymore - does the next sale on boxing day force other clothes sellers to reduces prices - no

If say a CD was reduced to £7 in there, and it was £10 in WHSmith, surely you'd buy if from the cheaper one, so prices will have to reduced to deal with the competition (give it only be a day or not).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here