Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woodingdean to the Amex

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I usually travel to the match by train from Burgess Hill, but tomorrow I will be in Woodingdean.

My question, is there a Bus that I can get to the Amex from Woodingdean (Crescent Drive South area)?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Thanks, I looked that up.

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

Route R is a shuttle service from Rottingdean, with buses approximately every 15 minutes between 12.25pm and 2.10pm* (5.45pm and 7pm for an evening match) linking Rottingdean and the Stadium via Woodingdean (Falmer Road, Cowley Drive and Bexhill Road). These journeys provide convenient links for people living in Newhaven, Peacehaven and Saltdean who catch a 12/12A or 14/14C to Rottingdean and Route R buses depart from the bus stop opposite The White Horse (facing towards Saltdean). There will be departures on Route R returning from the stadium from approximately 5pm (or when full) until 5.45pm (or when full) and from 9.45pm until 10.30pm for an evening match.

Does anyone know where on Cowley Drive the Route R picks up?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just rang the club, the pickup is at Cowley Drive shops!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
if you have a death wish!!!

The whole bit of pathed until you get down to the farm shop in falmer. You don't need to walk in the road until you get to the crossing; every week I see people walk in the road and there really is no need whatsoever.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
People may remember that there was a petition to have a parallel path alongside Falmer Road to be turned into a cycle path / footpath. 272 people signed (including, I notice, Richard Hebberd). This was the response from Brighton & Hove City Councillor Ian Davey...

'Thank you for your petition, which was presented to Full Council on 15 December and which I formally note here.

There is an existing ‘permissive bridleway’ which runs alongside the Falmer Road from Woodingdean to Falmer and the quality and accessibility of this route has been highlighted as a priority for Brighton & Hove Local Access Forum.

This important 'missing link' remains a priority for providing a safe sustainable route for walkers and cyclists as an alternative to the very busy and narrow B2123 road.

A few hundred metres of route from The Droveway are inside Brighton & Hove City Council’s boundary and earlier this year the city council funded accessibility improvements for all users across the previously inaccessible bunding which has been very well received. This includes the installation of a pedestrian refuge to assist users crossing the junction at Bexhill Road.

I am pleased to inform you that Brighton & Hove City Council has committed further funding to upgrade the surfacing of the section of route in our city boundary this financial year. This has the support of tenant farmers who have willingly provided land to create a path of sufficient width and further support from the South Downs National Park authority.

This route will strengthen walking and cycling links to the Falmer Stadium, however, the remaining two-thirds of the route to Falmer are inside East Sussex County Council’s boundary. Officers at Brighton & Hove have been working with ESCC to improve the route and will continue to support ESCC in completing the section within their boundary'.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
The whole bit of pathed until you get down to the farm shop in falmer. You don't need to walk in the road until you get to the crossing; every week I see people walk in the road and there really is no need whatsoever.

no its not pathed!!! what!!! you see pavement all the way down that road??? what a load of crap!! its either the road or trudging throught the long grass!!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
no its not pathed!!! what!!! you see pavement all the way down that road??? what a load of crap!! its either the road or trudging throught the long grass!!

There is a footpath in the field. Doesn't need to be paved to be a path. If you stick on the right hand side you can walk down a small bit and then eventually cut to the footpath in the field which takes you all the way to falmer. the grass is short and serves as a path, its not dangerous at all.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The R bus stops at every bus stop in Woodingdean and seems to be working well after some teething problems for the first few games.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I use this bus and bought travel vouchers at the start of the season. I've been asked to show them once. It's basically a free shuttle bus.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
But you will need a travel voucher - or OAP pass - no cash fares.

PG

I am not sure about that. My sister catches that bus and people use it without vouchers.

I use this bus and bought travel vouchers at the start of the season. I've been asked to show them once. It's basically a free shuttle bus.

I have the travel pass and my dad is an OAP with a bus pass, so we're sorted. I aim to catch the R about 6pm at the Shops!

thanks for everyone's comments, most helpful :)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I am not sure about that. My sister catches that bus and people use it without vouchers.

One of the free loaders then. Buy vouchers and be honest please. It's not expensive.

And for scoffers....the bus stops at every no.22 stop on the way round woodingdean apart from Langley crescent, depending on where you are on crescent drive south depends on how far you want to walk, the minibus from the pub is ok but they have been leaving a few behind after games, not the most reliable service..

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
One of the free loaders then. Buy vouchers and be honest please. It's not expensive.

And for scoffers....the bus stops at every no.22 stop on the way round woodingdean apart from Langley crescent, depending on where you are on crescent drive south depends on how far you want to walk, the minibus from the pub is ok but they have been leaving a few behind after games, not the most reliable service..

Thanks for the info

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here