Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Woodingdean Parking

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m planning to park in Woodingdean today and enjoy a bit of sunshine walking to the game.
A quick couple of questions to those who do this regularly - is there an optimum time to arrive to get a good parking space and how long does it take to walk down / back up again?
Many thanks.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Can't tell you when to get there but I've done it several times from the top of the hill to the ground in under 35 mins.

Bit longer on the way back as it a long slog up that hill.

It is very exposed walking along there so suitable clothing for walk back in the dark as it will be colder.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Given that Woodingdean, and maybe others like Moulsecoomb, are a walkable distance is there plenty of parking spots around there? Never tried it myself. & has the club ever advised against it? I remember they were always against people parking in the surrounding areas of Withdean.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can't tell you when to get there but I've done it several times from the top of the hill to the ground in under 35 mins.

Bit longer on the way back as it a long slog up that hill.

It is very exposed walking along there so suitable clothing for walk back in the dark as it will be colder.

Thanks. Walking gear is prepared!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Given that Woodingdean, and maybe others like Moulsecoomb, are a walkable distance is there plenty of parking spots around there? Never tried it myself. & has the club ever advised against it? I remember they were always against people parking in the surrounding areas of Withdean.

Moulsecoomb has restrictions on match day, residents only, like Coldean.
IMO I wouldn’t really call Woodingdean a surrounding area, anyone walking there and back to he Amex would have to be reasonably fit.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Theres always cars parked along Bexhill Rd on matchdays. No restrictions per se. Just watch out for double yellows near the business park.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks. Is there plenty there or does it fill up?

Varies......for example when the weather is OK it's usually busier (walking down last week was pretty grim in cold sideways rain), same when the trains are shite, but generally quite a bit busier than it used to be a few years ago - an hour before KO still normally OK though. I haven't looked but I suspect there might be spaces in and around the industrial estate (both on the road and in some of the units that don't have barriers/CCTV) as well as Bexhill Road itself. 30 mins down and a bit longer back up for us typically.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Varies......for example when the weather is OK it's usually busier (walking down last week was pretty grim in cold sideways rain), same when the trains are shite, but generally quite a bit busier than it used to be a few years ago - an hour before KO still normally OK though. I haven't looked but I suspect there might be spaces in and around the industrial estate (both on the road and in some of the units that don't have barriers/CCTV) as well as Bexhill Road itself. 30 mins down and a bit longer back up for us typically.

[emoji1303]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here