Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women's World Cup

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Luis Rubiales: Spanish football federation will take legal action over Jennifer Hermoso 'lies'

Is it me or does this whole saga seem a bit strange?

Clearly this Rubiales bloke is, at least, a bit of a nob and possibly 'should' resign, but is there more going on?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What would be even better to be classed as ‘normal’ would be when those girls get their boots they are boots that have been designed for the female foot.

82% of female footballers are playing in boots designed for men resulting in a disproportionate number of ACL injuries compared to men and chronic foot pain. That includes players in the WSL as well as at grassroots football!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Luis Rubiales: Spanish football federation will take legal action over Jennifer Hermoso 'lies'

Is it me or does this whole saga seem a bit strange?

Clearly this Rubiales bloke is, at least, a bit of a nob and possibly 'should' resign, but is there more going on?
Straight out of the Trump playbook. “I’m the real victim here”.

The same Trump, of course, who led the online pile on at Megan Rapinoe.

Definitely a certain type of bloke who don’t like women being good at, well, anything really.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What would be even better to be classed as ‘normal’ would be when those girls get their boots they are boots that have been designed for the female foot.

82% of female footballers are playing in boots designed for men resulting in a disproportionate number of ACL injuries compared to men and chronic foot pain. That includes players in the WSL as well as at grassroots football!
Link from boots to ACL injuries hasn’t really been proven (yet), it’s just one of a number of factors that might be contributing (Q angle, menstrual cycle, football maturity, physical loading etc etc).

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Man of power kisses woman. Woman says she doesn't like it. Man says something along the lines of "well, you enjoyed it too, babe" or "well, you were clearly asking for it, darlin'". Man's male mates back him up, point at woman and accuse her of being a liar, hysterical etc. It's been going on for thousands of years. Such a shame that the achievements of these magnificent young women has been thoroughly tarnished by this sordid and disturbing sideshow.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
I can't get into women's football because I studied the Rothman's Football encyclopedia as a kid and absorbed as much information as I could. I kinda followed C4s Football Italia but realised without the background knowledge of all the players, I didn't feel any emotions when watching it. It's exactly the same with the women's game, it's like I've learned the guitar and been playing for 40 years and I don't have the will to learn the piano.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Seems like there's a bit of a World Cup hangover for the Lionesses. I was at the game last night and they were very poor and rusty and only really got going for about 25 minutes in the second half.

I hope Wiegman can turn it round.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Seems like there's a bit of a World Cup hangover for the Lionesses. I was at the game last night and they were very poor and rusty and only really got going for about 25 minutes in the second half.

I hope Wiegman can turn it round.
Watched the match on TV, we seemed slow, sloppy. OK their first goal was offside but so slow in possession lost the ball too easily. As for the second what a dreadful pass. All you can say as an excuse is it's still preseason so maybe not back up to full fitness yet but same could probably be said for the Dutch

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Watched the match on TV, we seemed slow, sloppy. OK their first goal was offside but so slow in possession lost the ball too easily. As for the second what a dreadful pass. All you can say as an excuse is it's still preseason so maybe not back up to full fitness yet but same could probably be said for the Dutch
Yep, wasn't entirely sure what the game plan was at first. Seemed like a lot of hoofball then trying to play it out from the back. The formation switch at half time definitely worked but Dutch realised and adapted.

Dutch league has started already so they are sharper which to me showed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here