Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Women’s WC Final - who is watching?

Women’s WC Final - are you going to watch?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Confess to being drawn into this having watched the last two England games. Haven’t watched any other games.

The shouty women commentators and pundits annoy me though :shrug:

Not sure I’m ready to go to Albion women’s games but never say never!

Will you be watching?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably, what time is kick off?
No idea, I am not THAT into it. I’ll check it out when I get up, I do know it’s tomorrow though as it seemed to be all that was on Football Focus that I had on in the background as I did other things, with the volume very low.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Confess to being drawn into this having watched the last two England games. Haven’t watched any other games.

The shouty women commentators and pundits annoy me though :shrug:

Not sure I’m ready to go to Albion women’s games but never say never!

Will you be watching?
The shouty women commentators and pundits annoy me too by constantly stating the bleeding obvious.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The shouty women commentators and pundits annoy me too by constantly stating the bleeding obvious.

Simple suggestion, mute the sound. You don't need commentary to enjoy watching football.

@Icy Gull kick off is 11.00 BST.

*sits back and waits for inane misogynistic posts from Nsc

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yep, I’ll be watching. Going to the Amex for the two England Euro games last summer was great and I’ve watched most England women’s games since then.

Hoping that the cricket club put the second half on and any extra time and penalties as it’s my oldest boys prize giving on Sunday as well.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Simple suggestion, mute the sound. You don't need commentary to enjoy watching football.

@Icy Gull kick off is 11.00 BST.

*sits back and waits for inane misogynistic posts from Nsc
I removed my “like” when I saw the silly final sentence. Is saying shouty women annoy me misogynistic? I don’t much like most of the male other team biased commentators on Albion games either :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I removed my “like” when I saw the silly final sentence. Is saying shouty women annoy me misogynistic? I don’t much like most of the male other team biased commentators on Albion games either :shrug:
Then say, shouty commentators. Then women bit was superfluous.
You're not the only one. JR wants to be drunk on lager before watching.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I read JR’s comment as for a football final not necessarily for the women’s - it is generally the culture that people drink before matches especially finals?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I find the distinction a bit annoying. At work, it would be absolutely fine to call someone a 'difficult man' or 'horrible man' but anyone saying 'difficult woman' would be accused of misogyny. Didn’t Corbyn get into trouble for calling Theresa May 'stupid woman'? No doubt her calling him a stupid man would have been accepted as general parliamentary knockabout.

As for the women’s football commentators, there is one who’s particularly annoying but not sure of her name. The bits I’ve recently watched have been with the sound turned down.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find the distinction a bit annoying. At work, it would be absolutely fine to call someone a 'difficult man' or 'horrible man' but anyone saying 'difficult woman' would be accused of misogyny. Didn’t Corbyn get into trouble for calling Theresa May 'stupid woman'? No doubt her calling him a stupid man would have been accepted as general parliamentary knockabout.

As for the women’s football commentators, there is one who’s particularly annoying but not sure of her name. The bits I’ve recently watched have been with the sound turned down.
Calling anyone stupid is unacceptable. People can and do stupid things, but that doesn’t make them stupid. Anyone calling someone stupid is not acceptable in Parliament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here