Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Womens Ashes

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My husbands hands are twice the size of mine, when we were first together he handed me something and I dropped some of it and he tutted. So I told him to "go and pour a pint of milk into a half pint glass and see if it fits" probably added an expletive at the end, he was a bit more considerate after that.

But shock horror on average womens hands are much smaller then mens

Equality is about respecting each other and having the opportunities, not worring about if they reduce the size of a cricket ball to better fit womens hands.

Last edited:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
My husbands hands are twice the size of mine, when we were first together he handed me something and I dropped some of it and he tutted. So I told him to "go and pour a pint of milk into a half pint glass and see if it fits" probably added an expletive at the end, he was a bit more considerate after that.

But shock horror on average womens hands are much smaller then mens

Equilty is about respecting each other and having the opportunities, not worring about if they reduce the size of a cricket ball to better fit womens hands.

Your typo got so close:

It's not about equality for me. It's about equity. Sometimes giving everyone equal treatment actually means some people get less, and others get more. Equity means recognising that, and aiming for equal outcomes even if that means treating people differently.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Your typo got so close:

It's not about equality for me. It's about equity. Sometimes giving everyone equal treatment actually means some people get less, and others get more. Equity means recognising that, and aiming for equal outcomes even if that means treating people differently.
Thanks. I corrected the typo.

If men wanted to play netball, set up their own league played agianst each other, but decided that the goal hoops need to be higher as they are taller. I would just understand that and move on.

It just seems to me that "some" men want to use anything they can to undermind woman when it comes to sport. I just don't understand it, as it has no affect on them whatsoever.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I refuse to be interested in this, like womens boxing.
A few years ago it wouldn't even be mentioned.
I know I am a dinasour.
You know you really didn’t need to tell us that, right?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just a bit of humour. If you place this with the same importance as the mens game, good for you.
Isn’t “humour” generally supposed to be trying to provoke mirth rather than being a random statement?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I can tell you all the sports that men play that I have zero interest in watching if that is interesting to you?
I'm sure there is. Would those same sports be more interesting if women played them?
I admit watching netball a ladies sport, and men playing that would not be something I would look at.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I'm sure there is. Would those same sports be more interesting if women played them?
I admit watching netball a ladies sport, and men playing that would not be something I would look at.
No! if I am not interested in a certain sport it does not really matter who or what gender is playing it. But I don’t ever feel the need lookup twitter, bbc articles or posts on this board about those sports to tell everyone that I’m not interested in it. Just seems strange.

Saying that, it must be the same strange people who comment on Genesis videos with Phil Collins singing to say they don’t like Genesis after Peter Gabriel left.

ohh I see a link, it’s people born before 1975

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thanks. I corrected the typo.

It just seems to me that "some" men want to use anything they can to undermind woman when it comes to sport. I just don't understand it, as it has no affect on them whatsoever.
Some guys are threatened by it all. I just don’t watch women’s cricket or football because it’s just not as good as when men play it.
Btw when did they burn the bails for the women’s ‘Ashes’i’

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some guys are threatened by it all. I just don’t watch women’s cricket or football because it’s just not as good as when men play it.
Btw when did they burn the bails for the women’s ‘Ashes’i’
1998. (a bat though, rather than bails).

The first women's Test series between England and Australia was played in 1934-35, which England won.

However, the contest was not officially called 'the women's Ashes' until 1998, when a signed miniature bat was burned (in a wok!) before the first Test at Lord's, and the ashes were placed inside a wooden cricket ball to make a trophy.

In 2013, a new women's Ashes trophy was produced, with the original trophy mounted in the centre of a larger frame.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I have to say i've quite enjoyed the woman's cricket. They seem to be closely matched which helps a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here