Women Drivers and Sat Nav

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:nono:

From the Argus

Driver stuck on railway after sat-nav mix-up

A woman drove on to a railway line because her satellite navigation system told her to.

Passengers travelling on trains between Brighton and Hastings were kept waiting for an hour on Tuesday night because quick response to the sat-nav instructions.

She was waiting at the level crossing at Norman's Bay in Pevensey, near Eastbourne, at 7.30pm, when the navigation device told her to turn right.

She dutifully followed the instruction and her car became stuck on the line.

British Transport Police and Sussex Police were informed by Network Rail Sussex of the disruption to trains waiting at Pevensey and Bexhill.

Police had to wait for a breakdown truck to tow away her car, which was removed at 8.15pm.

The woman was unhurt and told police she had only been following directions.

British Transport Police officers visited the woman last night to question her about the incident.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
:thud: why did she stop, the sat nav was obvously showing her a short cut

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
dear oh dear , women should have an age restriction before they can learn to drive

120 should do it

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If she's from Bexhill, she's probably in her 90s at least, and the last time she drove there was a chap walking in front of her with a red flag.

So fair enough, really.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
NMH said:
What chap in his right mind would walk in front of a car with a woman at the wheel??

The working classes dear boy. They're expendable.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Never used sat nav.
What's wrong with looking at a map before the journey and then if necessary write key changes of direction on a post-it note and stick it on the dashboard. Works for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trish said:
Never used sat nav.
What's wrong with looking at a map before the journey and then if necessary write key changes of direction on a post-it note and stick it on the dashboard. Works for me.
oh GAWD :lolol:

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
British Bulldog said:
Women + wheels = danger.

I passed my test first time and haven't had an accident in 25 years driving...and I'm a woman! But then I'm an exception!! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DC Rules said:
I passed my test first time and haven't had an accident in 25 years driving...and I'm a woman! But then I'm an exception!! :lolol:
Just check the carnage in your rear view mirror once in a while.

;)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
DC Rules said:

I bet you've got a chauffeur really! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports