Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It hasn't taken us long to become arrogant and superior to clubs less fortunate or going through bad times. Let's hope it doesn't come back and bite us.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The main worry for Wolves is the fact that Bristol City, Barnsley and Posh are seasoned relegation battlers.

Last Saturday's results really closed the league up. Teams like Huddersfield, Bolton and even Blackpool must be nervously looking over their shoulders.

Let's face it, if we had lost against Hull, the usual suspects would have been concerned about our position!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The main worry for Wolves is the fact that Bristol City, Barnsley and Posh are seasoned relegation battlers.

Last Saturday's results really closed the league up. Teams like Huddersfield, Bolton and even Blackpool must be nervously looking over their shoulders.

Let's face it, if we had lost against Hull, the usual suspects would have been concerned about our position!

Crawley Town fans may be thinking this after an excellent start to the season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crawley Town fans may be thinking this after an excellent start to the season.

Agreed. I've noticed them slipping down the table in recent weeks. I think Pompey and Hartlepool are gone. They should have enough about them for this season but you never know.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pleasing to see MK sliding down the L1 table though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agreed. I've noticed them slipping down the table in recent weeks. I think Pompey and Hartlepool are gone. They should have enough about them for this season but you never know.

I think they will stay up and probably struggle next season. Barker seemed to be doing really well and its always good to see ex Albion players in management.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A big 'this' (as somebody who works locally).

Wolves have got a lot of capital projects going on (as do we) - they are redeveloping their already fantastic training facility. In the past their academy was based on a different side of the City to their main training ground - from next season it will all be in house. They have gifted their 'old' academy facilities to Wolves in the Community, which is a nice touch.

They have put the stadium building project on hold - they were initially planning to knock down and replace three stands, but have stopped at the one (the stand the away fans currently sit in). This is because they don't want to spend money on the stadium and the training ground at the same time. Nevertheless, as they are not currently filling up the ground, I doubt the will recommence stadium building any time soon.

I admire how Wolves live within their means - if football's house of cards were to ever fall down, they would be one of the last few clubs to go bust. Nevertheless, most of their fans find it baffling how they can sell off their best players and replace them with youth team products (Danny Baath, Whathisface Sako, and others). With the addition of parachute payments Wolves should, on paper, be one of the richest teams in the league.

Fans at my workplace recon that Dean Saunders was the cheap option. O'Driscoll (spelling??) was out of work when the post was vacant and he is a Wolves fan. My colleagues have been looking jealously at the fine job he is doing at Bristol City.

Very strange goings on at Molineux. They are running as if money is very tight. Their recent financial dealings would suggest otherwise.

Even the Tap & Spile has closed down, sad times in Wolverhampton.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It hasn't taken us long to become arrogant and superior to clubs less fortunate or going through bad times. Let's hope it doesn't come back and bite us.

I've had a long standing dislike for Wolves' fans (along with Leicester's) simply because my encounters with them has led me to the conclusion that they are a horrible set of fans. Leicester more than Wolves but both horrible. Purely my opinion based on personal experience and nothing to do with becoming arrogant and superior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here