Wolves

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If they had not scored in the 90th minute to get a draw they would be in the relegation zone.

I find that somewhat amusing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Maybe we'll relegate them on the final day ???

Playing a team desperately needing 3 points to stay up on the final day would be a nightmare. If we needed 3 points for the play offs I would much rather play a team playing for nothing

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Classic situation of a club living on past glories.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Living where I do I have a lot of Wolves, Blues, Villa, West Brom and the occasional Walsall supporter around.

I joked with one ardent Wolves fan when the fixtures came out that I hoped they were not needing the points to stay up on the final game!

The last time I joked like this with a local was maybe it will be a Brighton Villa final, nah Villa will let us down.... in 1983.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Playing a team desperately needing 3 points to stay up on the final day would be a nightmare. If we needed 3 points for the play offs I would much rather play a team playing for nothing

One of the fiercest contest I ever saw was v Weds at The Goldstone. They had nothing to play for!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
They must still have the parachute payments to come though. They will sort themselves out eventually. Hopefully not on the last day.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Wolves really baffle me. Last season they were reported as having debts of around 2 million, which is literally nothing by premiership standards. Since then they have sold off their better players and got good money for them and reduced the wage bill. As a club they should be hoovering up all of the best talent from the lower divisions, plus all of the promising youngsters from the top clubs, who haven't quite made the grade and frankly they should be challenging for a return to the premiership. Yet there they are getting dragged into a relegation dogfight. Bizarre really.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wolves really baffle me. Last season they were reported as having debts of around 2 million, which is literally nothing by premiership standards. Since then they have sold off their better players and got good money for them and reduced the wage bill. As a club they should be hoovering up all of the best talent from the lower divisions, plus all of the promising youngsters from the top clubs, who haven't quite made the grade and frankly they should be challenging for a return to the premiership. Yet there they are getting dragged into a relegation dogfight. Bizarre really.

A big 'this' (as somebody who works locally).

Wolves have got a lot of capital projects going on (as do we) - they are redeveloping their already fantastic training facility. In the past their academy was based on a different side of the City to their main training ground - from next season it will all be in house. They have gifted their 'old' academy facilities to Wolves in the Community, which is a nice touch.

They have put the stadium building project on hold - they were initially planning to knock down and replace three stands, but have stopped at the one (the stand the away fans currently sit in). This is because they don't want to spend money on the stadium and the training ground at the same time. Nevertheless, as they are not currently filling up the ground, I doubt the will recommence stadium building any time soon.

I admire how Wolves live within their means - if football's house of cards were to ever fall down, they would be one of the last few clubs to go bust. Nevertheless, most of their fans find it baffling how they can sell off their best players and replace them with youth team products (Danny Baath, Whathisface Sako, and others). With the addition of parachute payments Wolves should, on paper, be one of the richest teams in the league.

Fans at my workplace recon that Dean Saunders was the cheap option. O'Driscoll (spelling??) was out of work when the post was vacant and he is a Wolves fan. My colleagues have been looking jealously at the fine job he is doing at Bristol City.

Very strange goings on at Molineux. They are running as if money is very tight. Their recent financial dealings would suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
They'll stay up in the final seconds of the season. I'd put money on it with their record of injury time levellers. Hopefully we will have secured a play off birth by that stage

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They'll stay up in the final seconds of the season. I'd put money on it with their record of injury time levellers. Hopefully we will have secured a play off birth by that stage

Or we'll beat them, and Peterborough will win v Palace, to send wolves down and us into the playoffs with palace missing out...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Mick McCarthy's Ipswich is now above Wolves. Lovely irony.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I really can't understand why so-called Brighton & Hove Albion supporters should take such pleasure in Wolves going down. Have they suddenly become our deadly rivals all of a sudden? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports