Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wolves v Newcastle

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was a Toon win with VAR.

I’m thinking that bad luck and dodgy refs could decide who goes down with Fulham & ‘Udders.

That means we are very much in the mix to be relegated sadly. The one thing CH is definitely not is a lucky manager. Lucky teams such as Burnley and Palace will be safe fairly soon methinks.

Wood and Barnes made their own luck, tucking away 3 away goals after hopeless defending. Townsend and Diver are proven matchwinners.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

I’m thinking that bad luck and dodgy refs could decide who goes down with Fulham & ‘Udders.

That means we are very much in the mix to be relegated sadly. The one thing CH is definitely not is a lucky manager. Lucky teams such as Burnley and Palace will be safe fairly soon methinks.

Even Benitez said his goalkeeper should have done better.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

The goalkeeper fumbled the ball. it was a perfectly good goal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Nah, keeper wasn’t fouled.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Undoubtedly unlucky in last two home games, but rode luck against West Ham, Wolves and Everton at home, all of which could have been draws or defeats. I don’t believe in luck evening out ( it blatantly doesn’t at times) but not sure that CH over nearly 200 games in charge could be said to be unlucky.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Undoubtedly unlucky in last two home games, but rode luck against West Ham, Wolves and Everton at home, all of which could have been draws or defeats. I don’t believe in luck evening out ( it blatantly doesn’t at times) but not sure that CH over nearly 200 games in charge could be said to be unlucky.

Very true about those 3 home matches.

But over 38 games, the three clubs that drop totally deserve it. It can’t be pinned on refs, opposition gamesmanship or amazing opposition keepers. More a combination of defensive calimities and being inadequate in front of goal.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Tonight’s correct decision was a rarity. Refs 99% of the time invent an infringement whenever a goalie and opposition player come into contact, even worse in continental and international football.

If the game had been played at Newcastle the goal would have been disallowed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

...and Newcastle away.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Watched the whole game and couldn't help thinking if we've got them down as a win when they visit later this year, we might be in for a shock. Their new signing looked quick as well. Also got that nagging feeling that the likes of Huddersfield and Cardiff won't be the stroll.in the park a lot of people on here think they will be.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Its the same people that thought we would beat Bristol City and we all know how that turned out. They seem to forget that they have other ideas instead of just 'rolling over'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its the same people that thought we would beat Bristol City and we all know how that turned out. They seem to forget that they have other ideas instead of just 'rolling over'.

Playing a mid table team is likely to be a far easier proposition when fighting for points at the sharp end of the season than playing a relegation rival. I don't get that much comfort that we are playing 4 relegation rivals at home in the run in. Maybe we will be expected to win but....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Playing a mid table team is likely to be a far easier proposition when fighting for points at the sharp end of the season than playing a relegation rival. I don't get that much comfort that we are playing 4 relegation rivals at home in the run in. Maybe we will be expected to win but....

I've not rocked up at a single PL game either this season or last "expecting to win". This isn't the Championship - every team, even the ones at or near the bottom, still have quality players who can do damage. Huddersfield are clearly out of their depth this season, but they can still make things difficult and will probably have the freedom of having little or nothing to play for by the time they turn up next month. We're going to have to fight and scrap for every point.

Thankfully they'll all be topping up their tans and hitting the sangria next week though, so I'm sure we'll be fine...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've not rocked up at a single PL game either this season or last "expecting to win". This isn't the Championship - every team, even the ones at or near the bottom, still have quality players who can do damage. Huddersfield are clearly out of their depth this season, but they can still make things difficult and will probably have the freedom of having little or nothing to play for by the time they turn up next month. We're going to have to fight and scrap for every point.

Thankfully they'll all be topping up their tans and hitting the sangria next week though, so I'm sure we'll be fine...

There has been a perception on here during the season that we have a relatively “easy” run in, although no game is easy.

I don’t ever rock up expecting us to win, even in the Championship or League One, been supporting this mob for too long.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There has been a perception on here during the season that we have a relatively “easy” run in, although no game is easy.

I didn’t ever rock up expecting us to win, even if the Championship, been supporting this mob for too long.

Looks like March will define our season (the month, not the player). Added pressure in that they're literally all 6-pointers, no free hits.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like March will define our season (the month, not the player). Added pressure in that they're literally all 6-pointers, no free hits.

Scary, isn’t it?

Never doing things the easy way is half the attraction of supporting this club.

On the subject of March, the player, as a long time critic of his I now think he’s one of our best players. Hope his injury is not a long term one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I didn’t ever rock up expecting us to win, even if the Championship, been supporting this mob for too long.

The easy run has so far gone:

Fulham (bottom 3, we always win at the Cottage) - L
Watford @ home - D
Burnley (@ home, bottom 3) - L

Goals scored 3, conceded 7.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The easy run has so far gone:

Fulham (bottom 3, we always win at the Cottage) - L
Watford @ home - D
Burnley (@ home, bottom 3) - L