• Wolves

Votes: 88 61.1%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 56 38.9%

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For those wanting Wolves, just remember that despite our very good league record against them, we have played them twice in cup competitions both at home and lost both 2-3.

Different times of course, but...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not fussed really. Voted Wolves just because we've only just played Liverpool and it would be nice for the game to feel "different", but at the moment I think RDZ and the boys can take on anyone.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For those wanting Wolves, just remember that despite our very good league record against them, we have played them twice in cup competitions both at home and lost both 2-3.

Different times of course, but...
Ha! I certainly remember the FA Cup defeat! We were in division two and going well, and Wolves were struggling in division one (All in old money). The game had been postponed and the Pools Panel, given our respective current forms, had given it as a 'home win', even though Wolves were in the higher division.

As you say when the match was played we lost, prompting several newspapers to lead with the headline: 'Panel Beaters'. I do remember that Mark Lawrenson scored probably THE best goal I've ever seen. There's no film, so if you weren't there you'll just have to take my word for it.

Anyway, I haven't voted as I'm really not sure.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Take on both at the same time.

I might be getting overexcited.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Genuinely dont know who would be better to play. Surely liverpool would put in a better performance given a 2nd chance so soon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wolves. If Liverpool gets a few players back, they'll be stronger than in the weekend (although still far from unbeatable). Wolves will remain pretty poor, might not be relegated but a lot of teams including Brighton are just better than them - not sure the same could be said for Liverpool if they play their best.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Ha! I certainly remember the FA Cup defeat! We were in division two and going well, and Wolves were struggling in division one (All in old money). The game had been postponed and the Pools Panel, given our respective current forms, had given it as a 'home win', even though Wolves were in the higher division.

As you say when the match was played we lost, prompting several newspapers to lead with the headline: 'Panel Beaters'. I do remember that Mark Lawrenson scored probably THE best goal I've ever seen. There's no film, so if you weren't there you'll just have to take my word for it.

Anyway, I haven't voted as I'm really not sure.
Yes it still stands out as one of the best individual goals l've seen live. He got the ball from Moseley (or was it Steele?) and ran with it from the edge of our 18 yard box. Got to the half way line and continued running! Must have bypassed about 5 wolves players in the process and then shot from the edge of the 18 yard box! Bit of a scuffed shot as l remember but it was still too good for the wolves keeper. O happy days, only surpassed by the present!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wolves. If Liverpool gets a few players back, they'll be stronger than in the weekend (although still far from unbeatable). Wolves will remain pretty poor, might not be relegated but a lot of teams including Brighton are just better than them - not sure the same could be said for Liverpool if they play their best.

Only Nunez would be back looking at https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

I'm gonna pick Liverpool. They have been dire away all season (w2 d2 l5). I dont see that changing any time soon. Much more hype/fun playing them.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I really wasn’t bothered at first but thinking about it I slightly favour Wolves. The main reason being they will be more concerned about league survival and Liverpool will be desperate for revenge and it’s their last chance of glory this season. Actually, having said that, I’m still not bothered!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Unsurprisingly, I went Red, although I have a feeling I’m in for an excruciating 90 mins this evening. Even if a miracle did happen, could I survive another pasting at the Amex?
Not looking great whatever the outcome tbh 😩

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As much as I'd love the idea of an unofficial league / cup double over Liverpool, playing Wolves at home makes more sense.

It's be on ITV1 anyway, so plenty of opportunity for us expat Seagulls to watch whoever we end up playing

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
DF92E953-9824-4D80-BB3A-89DA330F298D.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Liverpool. I think Wolves would be more up for it than Liverpool.

But I think Wolves will win tonight.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If we put out a team that can play as well (or as near to as possible) as we played on Saturday, I genuinely don't mind either Wolves or Liverpool.
That said, it would be nice to beat Liverpool twice in 2 weeks. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here