Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
You could say that about ANY managerial job that comes up below the top six.

That's just one of those ridiculous hype-fuelled things that we as Brighton fans have to up with.

Agree entirely and that's the difference between Villa and Leeds. One's a prem team and the other isn't whatever Gus's links with Leeds and their history.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
as for the fans, I think they deserved better on this one, just an opinion...
Fair enough. I personally feel the press are a pain in the backside, constantly asking players and managers whether they've moving. I'd rather they (players & managers) said nothing and we all just got on with it, because as others have said, when players and managers do deny interest, they often go soon afterwards anyway. Fortunately we're allowed to disagree.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I guess my beef is...

Gus can't say (many times) that "I will only leave for a 'very special' managerial role"...

Then not dismiss Wolves in their current parlous state...

Is his first statement BS? I.e. he will actually go to ANY Prem job?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If TC keeps them up, won't he be a viable candidate for the job next season, too?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If TC keeps them up, won't he be a viable candidate for the job next season, too?

IF TC keeps them up, he deserves a longer contract IMHO... they have a VERY tough run-in...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I guess my beef is...

Gus can't say (many times) that "I will only leave for a 'very special' managerial role"...

Then not dismiss Wolves in their current parlous state...

Is his first statement BS? I.e. he will actually go to ANY Prem job?

It's got to be a job and a project he believes in. He has said more than once that he has to have the right chairman to work for. Club history means little if you can't get on with the present incumbent (I'm paraphrasing). As far as we're aware him and Tony Bloom get on like a house on fire, and respect each others' authority.

Face it, the Wolves board have hardly smothered themselves in glory this week, have they?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or... "I'm not interested in the Wolves job at this time" = game over for speculation...

There is only still speculation between MORONS. It never got to the stage where Gus needs to clarify his position re: Wolves.

Do you want him to clarify his position regarding the England job?

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
48 pages over Wolves? I freakkinn dread it when Dodgy Arry gets the England nod.

I can't imagine Tottenham fans been very happy if an unproven manager who has never managed in the premier league is their number 1 target, think Mourinho and you might be closer.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is only still speculation between MORONS. It never got to the stage where Gus needs to clarify his position re: Wolves.

He already has when asked a couple of weeks ago - he said he wasn't ready for England yet ( although he'd love the job IN THE FUTURE ). Also that he wasn't ready yet for Uruguay.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well we may as well make this thread a nice round number, say.........50 pages?

You know it makes sense! :wink:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's got to be a job and a project he believes in. He has said more than once that he has to have the right chairman to work for. Club history means little if you can't get on with the present incumbent (I'm paraphrasing). As far as we're aware him and Tony Bloom get on like a house on fire, and respect each others' authority.

Face it, the Wolves board have hardly smothered themselves in glory this week, have they?

LoL! Agree 100% - the Wolves board looks a shambles (a) for sacking Mick; and; (b) for their handling of the appointment of his replacement...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

What!!?? There was never any danger whatsoever he would be approached for the England job... Gus himself confirmed himself that Wolves approached the Albion over their vacancy...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As before, if TC keeps them up and we don't get promoted, this will all start again in 3-4 months time, only next time IF they came back, i guess he'd go. Going to start cheering on anyone but Wolves as well as Albion

Can't see Gus going to Wolves at all now. In 3-4 months Wolves will still have to pay the compo, and there could well be other managers available then anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This surely has to be the longest ever thread started by a palarse supporter on here!................ with an outcome that will have pissed them off big time :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here