Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well, I, and many, many other Albion fans want him to clear up where he stands WRT Wolves...

His position is there is no position, as it never got as far as him. That's the position. End of story.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Well, I, and many, many other Albion fans want him to clear up where he stands WRT Wolves...

He did clear it up, on Tuesday he said no decision to make. Everything else since then has been based on rumour and counter rumour as Wolves struggle to find someone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be an ar$e... Wolves have approached Brighton about Gus
But they haven't approached Gus. They haven't spoken to him at all, so he's in no position to say anything. If they offered TB the money required and were able to speak to Gus, that would be the time for him to speak.
time for him to say he's not interested do the players and fans can focus on the job in hand...
The fans? Sorry, how hard are you having to concentrate to get your arse to the Amex and shout 'Albion'? It's more important that the players believe he's staying, but he sees them in training all week, do you know that he's said nothing to them?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't be an ar$e... Wolves have approached Brighton about Gus... funnily enough, Brighton haven't been approached for his services about any other jobs recently, including the England one... he is usually only too keen to shout where he stands on any footie matter, e.g. Suarez... time for him to say he's not interested do the players and fans can focus on the job in hand...

He made his position clear after the Hull game. He said that he had nothing to say about the Wolves job as it never reached him, but that he wasn't in a hurry to get to the Prem, and that he is very happy here, which is why he was happy to sign a five year contract. Why are people pretending these comments were never made? Very odd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He made his position clear after the Hull game. He said that he had nothing to say about the Wolves job as it never reached him, but that he wasn't in a hurry to get to the Prem, and that he is very happy here, which is why he was happy to sign a five year contract. Why are people pretending these comments were never made? Very odd.

I think some fans actually want Gus to say:

"OK, I'll get a massive tattoo of BHAFC across my face, I'm changing my middle name to Cup Final '83, and I will only eat blue and white food from now on."

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Tha betting market is lively with William Hill withdrawing, and Steve Bruce very short with Corals (4/7) and few others, although Skybet have Terry Conner odds on also at 1/3.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

There are a lot of oddities around our fan base at the moment.

What would we rather; a manager who tows the party line and says what the fans want to hear but ultimately is a bit vanilla, or a manager who is getting stonking results, is passionate and says what he thinks.

Gus will do what's best for Gus. The best thing about that is that what's good for Gus will ultimately be good for the Albion. Failure is not an option for him.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

That comment about being happy here didn't clarify it. What he said separately was that he wanted to manage in the premiership either with Brighton or with someone else if he couldn't get there with Brighton. However, if the right job came along, he was clear he would take it. Nobody except Wolves know if they are prepared to a) stump up the money that Tony Bloom would be willing to take and b) whether Wolves are prepared or able to give Gus what he wants in terms of vision and provisions for the club. We can speculate as much as we like but until Wolves end their interest (and we'll probably be clear when they appoint someone) it is impossible to say for sure that they won't get Gus.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
TC has been given the job until the end of the season, now confirmed on Sky Sports.
Wish him all the best and can we now please put this thread to bed. Gus isn't going anywhere for a while yet. Especially not to Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here