Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think sometimes people underestimate the press's part in twisted Gus's words or taking them out of context. We saw earlier this week how the same quotes from him were spun

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Gus Poyet's Premiership job warning
Poyet up for Spurs test | Sky Sports
Poyet targets Prem - with Albion From The Argus)

All, apparently, from the same interview/press conference. Is Gus to blame for the spin different news agencies put on his words? Is he to blame if they ask him hat his goals are in football now and he says 'I'd like to manage in the premier league, hopefully with brighton, if not someone else in the future' and one paper says he is giving the club a warning and another says he is volunteering for a tottenham job that isn't yet vacant?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm getting older than Ben's grandad on a daily basis it seems, you git.x

If you can correct me, you know what I must mean.

Oh trust me, I know about old age damaging the old memory banks. Earlier this month I had a complete brain freeze on my credit card PIN no. that last about two weeks!! was just amused by your inaccuracy appearing in the same sentence as "never forget."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have it this morning, on very good authority, that Gus is staying. TB said no, an GP doesn't want it anyway. Can't say where this comes from, so you'll just have to believe it ( or choose not to). Either way, Gus is staying.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I have it this morning, on very good authority, that Gus is staying. TB said no, an GP doesn't want it anyway. Can't say where this comes from, so you'll just have to believe it ( or choose not to). Either way, Gus is staying.

will that comment finally put this thread to bed?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

A great way to start the weekend.

Let's make sure that GUS gets a great reception tomoprrow!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

:thumbsup: When's he going to Spurs?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
will that comment finally put this thread to bed?

As GP has yet to say publically that he 'doesn't want it' & he HAS had the opportunity over 4 long days, the fact that he is still 3rd favourite at the bookies and the position is still unfilled, I'd say No

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A great way to start the weekend.

Let's make sure that GUS gets a great reception tomoprrow!

Amen to that. Gus Poyet my lord LOUD and from all 3 stands please.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Time for Gus to just say "NO" to Wolves and focus on his "project" at Brighton... Wolves are clearly NOT the "very special" opportunity he says he would leave for...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I chose not to believe you, I am resigned to Gus leaving (and I want my £10!).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Time for Gus to just say "NO" to Wolves and focus on his "project" at Brighton... Wolves are clearly NOT the "very special" opportunity he says he would leave for...

so as they are clearly not the special opportunity...he doesn't need to come out sand say no...fek..i don't want him commenting on every single rumour that is bound to come his way if he remains successful i want him concentrating on managing the team

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As GP has yet to say publically that he 'doesn't want it' & he HAS had the opportunity over 4 long days, the fact that he is still 3rd favourite at the bookies and the position is still unfilled, I'd say No
Has he said no to the England job yet? I've got a bit of gardening to do, and he hasn't turned that down yet either. He hasn't been formally approached, but he's not exactly committed himself to Brighton.
Indeed they're not, so no need for him to say anything.

What kind of self important manager goes and talks to the press EVERY time a job comes up? 'Good afternoon. No questions please, I've just prepared a short statement. A job has become available and no doubt the world awaits my decision. I would like to inform you now that I am committed to the project I started here yesterday, and I shall not be taking the job at McDonalds. Thank you, no questions please.'

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

That'll do for me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
so as they are clearly not the special opportunity...he doesn't need to come out sand say no...fek..i don't want him commenting on every single rumour that is bound to come his way if he remains successful i want him concentrating on managing the team

Well, I, and many, many other Albion fans want him to clear up where he stands WRT Wolves...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has he said no to the England job yet? I've got a bit of gardening to do, and he hasn't turned that down yet either. He hasn't been formally approached, but he's not exactly committed himself to Brighton.
Indeed they're not, so no need for him to say anything.

What kind of self important manager goes and talks to the press EVERY time a job comes up? 'Good afternoon. No questions please, I've just prepared a short statement. A job has become available and no doubt the world awaits my decision. I would like to inform you now that I am committed to the project I started here yesterday, and I shall not be taking the job at McDonalds. Thank you, no questions please.'

Don't be an ar$e... Wolves have approached Brighton about Gus... funnily enough, Brighton haven't been approached for his services about any other jobs recently, including the England one... he is usually only too keen to shout where he stands on any footie matter, e.g. Suarez... time for him to say he's not interested do the players and fans can focus on the job in hand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here