Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sky bet latest odds - Next Permanent Wolves Manager - Next Permanent Manager Any manager in charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed permanent and settled as a winner. Others on request.

Steve Bruce8/13

Terry Connor5/2

Dougie Freedman10/1

Ian Holloway12/1

Gus Poyet12/1

Dave Jones16/1

Lee Clark16/1

Roy Keane16/1

Alan Curbishley16/1

Kevin Keegan20/1

Walter Smith20/1

Graeme Souness25/1

I wonder if Palace fans worrie as much as a lot of ours seem too

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
They were about 50/50 to go down, now they upped it to 90%. Sometimes, I wonder how these Chairman manage to get super-rich in the first place ???

Mostly by sticking to running businesses that they actually know something about.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
freedman 10/1, poyet 12/1 on sky bet

whearas on Victor Chandler, Freedman is right now 33/1 and Poyet 7/1......think nobody has a fu*king clue for certain whats going on....including the Wolves Hierachy!!

Bookies must be loving this, bet they've made a killing on the 8 new "favourite" candiates

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Listening to Gus' press conference on Player I'm not convinced he hasn't ruled himself out. He didn't say he was interested either but there was (to me anyway) an air of keeping the door open to offers. Guess it's something we'll have to get used to in the same way our top players were being poached/approached by clubs with a bit more cash than us-at the moment.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Listening to Gus' press conference on Player I'm not convinced he hasn't ruled himself out. He didn't say he was interested either but there was (to me anyway) an air of keeping the door open to offers. Guess it's something we'll have to get used to in the same way our top players were being poached/approached by clubs with a bit more cash than us-at the moment.

Gus is just teasing them like the French guards in the Holy Grail

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sky bet latest odds - Next Permanent Wolves Manager - Next Permanent Manager Any manager in charge for 10 competitive games will be deemed permanent and settled as a winner. Others on request.

Steve Bruce8/13

Terry Connor5/2

Dougie Freedman10/1

Ian Holloway12/1

Gus Poyet12/1

Dave Jones16/1

Lee Clark16/1

Roy Keane16/1

Alan Curbishley16/1

Kevin Keegan20/1

Walter Smith20/1

Graeme Souness25/1

I wonder if Palace fans worrie as much as a lot of ours seem too

Is there a price on M&M issuing a grovelling apology & reinstating Mick Mac?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Seeing as Wolves cant find anyone, ill throw my name into that hat.....

Actually maybe not, ive been to Wolverhampton and it isnt the nicest place, perhaps thats whats putting people off

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simple answer why don't they just settle on a a man who would probably take the job until the end of the season with the promise of a new contract if he avoids relegation--David Jones

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Simple answer why don't they just settle on a a man who would probably take the job until the end of the season with the promise of a new contract if he avoids relegation--David Jones

Probably because he was there before - & although he got them promoted to the Prem in his 2nd season, they went straight back down again & he got the boot after 15 games back in the Championship (after winning just 4 from 17 games).

That said, who the Hell else will actually want the job there now?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
So Walter Smith has stuck two fingers up to Morgan & Moxey because it was apparent he was the Mike Bassett candidate after all the preferred choices had told them to 'go away'.

This saga is starting to get boring now. Will this thread make 100 pages before Wolves find a fire fighter or desperado who applies for every managerial job going?

The bookies & Mick McCarthy will be loving all this. Who can blame them?

Wolverhampton Wanderers are the laughing stock of football right now, no one wants the job.

My god I bet Mick Mcarthy is loving this now. What a bunch of wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here