Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. As an unloved ex-Wolves manager would say: Do I not like that! :glare:

ps Could be a load of old Pony, mind.

What a load of baloney. Near the start of this thread people were moaning because the club kept saying no comment when ever they were questioned about it. Brighton only admitted there had been an approach last night after the Hull game (apart from Charlie joking in the press conference)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a load of baloney. Near the start of this thread people were moaning because the club kept saying no comment when ever they were questioned about it. Brighton only admitted there had been an approach last night after the Hull game (apart from Charlie joking in the press conference)
Exactly. So Wolves admit that an approach was made, but say they weren't that keen. WTF were they doing approaching someone they weren't that keen to sign? F'idiots.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
This 'Gus to Wolves' stuff - might not be completely dead. The roller coaster world of #BHAFC eh? - NSC Twitter.

Heard something new Bozza?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

What, my concern about a comment that may have been made by a Journo or the likelihood of it being true? As I said, it could well be a load of old Pony - & I'm pleased to see that you've reinforced the probably of it being just that. I just wish that Silly Season didn't now run for the full 365 days a year in football now (well, obviously an extra day this year too). Enamoured by it I certainly ain't.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Was just about to say [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has been a bit quiet...

It would be nice if Poyet just comes out and categorically states he doesn't want the Wolves job. Then this would all be cleared up.

D

Deleted member 2719

It would be nice if Poyet just comes out and categorically states he doesn't want the Wolves job. Then this would all be cleared up.

That's what makes me question his real commitment to BHAFC.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

not going to do that is he? Sounds like his agent is keen to stoke the flames and, being the man he is, Gus has a certain proclivity for being somewhat ingenuous to say the least

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's probably already been said on this thread but, if Poyet was to categorically come out and say he doesn't want this job, it may have the effect of discouraging potential suitors in the near future that he WOULD be interested in. Which is probably why he wouldn't do that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus also seems to be a realist. He can't know the future, and perhaps wolves could make him an offer he can't refuse, if they do that after he's said he wasn't interested, it would make him seem a liar. He has constantly said this when talking about other players, every player has a price so he never rules out anyone being sold. He too has a price, so he won't rule himself out of going, because you just don't know what offers might come in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's like asking a girl out, only to say you didn't like her anyway when she says no.
There speaks a man with experience.
That's what makes me question his real commitment to BHAFC.
But he shouldn't have to. A manager shouldn't have to speak about every job that comes up. It's up to TB to say no, but if TB is offered stupid money and says to Gus 'you can go if you want', and Gus is offered stupid money, he can then consider it. As it is, he hasn't been approached, so he has nothing to say.

Would you prefer he was like 'arry and said 'I definitely won't go', then read the next day he'd gone?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] please explain his tweet - ie what have you heard pls?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
IF he goes, Of course we lose a good manager but I would be most disappointed at what wouldve been blatant lies to fans about only leaving for a very special Job.....which wolves and this comedy act aint.

If he tried to dress it up, that Wolves are a founding memeber of the league, have won 4 FA cups, 3 league titles league cups (all donkeys years ago) and this is a very very special opportunity etc etc, I would feel sick at being strung along and believeing it more than I would losing a good manager, which is inevitable one day anyway.

Go to Spurs, Chelsea, Leeds, Zaragoza, or a true bigger club like Aston Villa, Newcastle etc....... fair play.

But to go back on everything said to be laughing stock Wolves and their comedy act penny pinching owners 8th choice, just to get to the PL by any means would be a massive let down

rant over!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

That would mean he would have to deny wanting any other job that comes up, would any of us go to our managers/stafff/board/customers and state we love our jobs everytime a similar one was advertised that we may be wanted for.

Gus and Tony have played every new signing/sale/approach low key and leaked nothing, have some faith.

Jimmy Grimble

That would mean he would have to deny wanting any other job that comes up, would any of us go to our managers/stafff/board/customers and state we love our jobs everytime a similar one was advertised that we may be wanted for.

Gus and Tony have played every new signing/sale/approach low key and leaked nothing, have some faith.

Not necessarily.

Just when you get a prolonged saga like this one it would be nice!

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Be interesting to see who ends up with this poisoned chalice with at least three managers turning it down, wolves top brass have really messed up badly, the dressing room must be in low spirits - we really do have so much to be thankful for

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've never fallen so head over heels (in a bromance type way) with a Brighton manager before, but I have surprised myself in not feeling scared, if he does decide Wolves will be his next rung on the ladder.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Be interesting to see who ends up with this poisoned chalice with at least three managers turning it down, wolves top brass have really messed up badly, the dressing room must be in low spirits - we really do have so much to be thankful for

They were about 50/50 to go down, now they upped it to 90%. Sometimes, I wonder how these Chairman manage to get super-rich in the first place ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports