Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
This James Fielden sounds like a ****. He is putting every name under the sun on his twitter and is coming up with nonsense ideas about Poyet saying he is desperate for PL football making it look like he wants to leave now when his quotes and everything I have heard suggests the opposite and will only leave in 2 or 3 years if he can not achieve PL football with Brighton. What a ****

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
This James Fielden sounds like a ****. He is putting every name under the sun on his twitter and is coming up with nonsense ideas about Poyet saying he is desperate for PL football making it look like he wants to leave now when his quotes and everything I have heard suggests the opposite and will only leave in 2 or 3 years if he can not achieve PL football with Brighton. What a ****

Yeah a lot of people come up with some real dog shit which spoils it sometimes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So whoever gets this job will be not first choice, not even second choice but, by the latest reckoning, 10th choice: Curbs, Bruce, Warnock, McDermott, Gus, Walter Smith, Chris Hughton, Ian Hollway, Roy Keane.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
I really can't believe that any of you still think that Gus will be joining Wolves during this season.

As for Wolves conducting the process in public.... Wolves have not done any of this in public, all the talk is from journo's and people on public forums/ social networks.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

he was first to break the news of Poyet to Wolves from a trusted and reliable inside source, he is only saying the same source is telling him, Wolves are going all out to get Poyet behind the scenes...........who knows whats really happening.

I guess you are calling him a **** because you dont like reading what he says and are shitting yourself that alleged inside sources could lead to a massive amount of £10 notes leaving your bank :lol:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Yeah thats a fair point. I just think that most clubs could keep it all a bit more quiet. I mean really Morgan and Moxey need be the only people who know who they want/have approached. Wolves as a club really look like mugs now. If Gus is interested or goes there I would surprised and perhaps have to rethink my opinions on the kind of man/manager Gus is.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm not surprised that no-one wants the job. I know all clubs have fickle fans but there aren't many around as bad as Wolves. Some of the abuse McCarthy has got this season has been unbelievable and the same can be said for pretty much all the managers they've had over the last 15 years.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
That is them conducting it in public. They have taken very little care over who finds out what otherwise all these rumours ETC would not be flying around. IMHO

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Bruce IS offered the job then it will be in the knowledge that:

1) The Wolves fans never wanted him and
2) The Wolves board courted 9 other managers who'd they rather employ before resigning themselves to their 10th choice.

Now Wolves will be the side all neutrals want to see relegated. A month ago that team was QPR. Mark Hughes must be loving this, ditto Steve Kean.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Bruce IS offered the job then it will be in the knowledge that:

1) The Wolves fans never wanted him and
2) The Wolves board courted 9 other managers who'd they rather employ before resigning themselves to their 10th choice.

Now Wolves will be the side all neutrals want to see relegated. A month ago that team was QPR. Mark Hughes must be loving this, ditto Steve Kean.

As I understand it, Bruce was the chairman's first choice, but he changed his mind because the fans didn't want him. According to ssn, Wolves have been in contact with Bruce to let him know they still see him as an option (may have told him first choice). If he is offered the job, the chairman can claim he was his first choice, that the whole managerial search was more for the fans, to show them that Bruce is the only option (and possibly claim that he never really tried, it was just a show for the fans - Walter Smith was a cursory approach, a feeler more than an actual offer).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I bet Mick McCarthy is laughing his bollocks off. What a shoddy way to run a football club. The job that no one wants...Even if there is any truth in the rumour that they did not want to pay the compensation for Poyet. That say's that they did not think he was worth the money. Now everyone has told them to do one, all of a sudden he is. That would piss me off a bit if I was Poyet and make me more inclined to tell them to f*** off. If on the other hand he goes there, then it proves he is a total shithouse.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To be fair, I'm not sure they have done this that publicly, just in these times of Twitter, leaks quickly come into the public domain from journalists and those 'in the know'.

Interesting that Martin Swain of the Express & Star says he has been "constantly briefed at the Wolves end that they are not interested (in Poyet)" and accuses ............."this Poyet stuff has been over-heated by his (Poyet's) people. Wolves (were) never that keen"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chairman who sack managers in October / November always get abused by neutral fans and the press. Yet this case has made such Autumn dismissals look positively sensible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's OK - I've just been told he isn't going Wolves. Oh but is to Spurs at some point :facepalm:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
what worries me most is that this crap could deflect us from our main purpose which is winning points in the championship

if it effects fans it certainly impacts on players and staff

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I have a reception job going at my work

I might ask tb if I can speak to gus as I think he will be really good on the phone.

I think this has as much chance as that wolves approach

Sent from my iPhone using my girlfriends fingers

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Interesting that Martin Swain of the Express & Star says he has been "constantly briefed at the Wolves end that they are not interested (in Poyet)" and accuses ............."this Poyet stuff has been over-heated by his (Poyet's) people. Wolves (were) never that keen"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. As an unloved ex-Wolves manager would say: Do I not like that! :glare:

ps Could be a load of old Pony, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here