Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Still surprised they havent gone for coppell. short term, got experience, good manager. ticks all the boxes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bloody hell, is this thread STILL alive? He's not going anywhere. We all know it. Go back to bed.

I tend not to worry until people start posting things like this with such certainty of one outcome that are just taunting the fates.

"At least it's not raining..."
"What could possibly go wrong?"

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
It's OK. He also said he had a good old face-to-face rant to Elliott (from Azure) after a match recently.

He didn't.

What!?!? Not sure where you got that from. I forgot you're the only person who had ever met anyone with anything to do with the club.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Still surprised they havent gone for coppell. short term, got experience, good manager. ticks all the boxes.

Maybe they see his retirement as being a bit of a problem?

If not, they really should. He was bored at Bristol City, Wolves would probably just about kill him off. It doesn't seem to bother Houllier though, maybe he'll have another go at Premier League management.

I would be a bit suprised if it wasn't Lee Clark now, he's available free, he has the desire to be a top manager and he seems to be able to get players to play well individually, even if his team was a bit limited overall. I think he'd be up for the challenge and wouldn't cost the earth, why aren't they going for him?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've never liked Wolves (don't really know why tbh) but they are beginning to really piss me off now. They f***ed up big time by firing MM before having a replacement lined up and now they're scrambling around, disrupting ourselves and the likes of Reading as we go about our business, building up to an end of season run-in. I hope they get relegated no matter who is in charge.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
As Ben Bradlee famously said "That's a non-denial denial..."

Yawn. I think you must be mistaking me for someone else. I said I had met Elliot in a work capacity before and been less than convinced by his potential ability to manage a p1ss up in Brussels.

Now lets move on from discussing your sycophantic consumption of 15 pies per game...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yawn. I think you must be mistaking me for someone else. I said I had met Elliot in a work capacity before and been less than convinced by his potential ability to manage a p1ss up in Brussels.

Now lets move on from discussing your sycophantic consumption of 15 pies per game...

No, you said you called him as thick as pigshit.

How can eating '15 pies per game' be sycophantic - even though we weren't discussing it? :facepalm:

Do feel free to stop grizzling any time you feel like.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just got hold of a friend who does a bit of freelancing for the Express and Star (not necessarily a recommendation................. in fact not any sort of recommendation!)

slightly cryptic conversation but then isn't that always the case with self proclaimed "journos"? Anyway, he says that according to his sources (undefined but hinted to be within wwfc - could easily be no more than the tea lady or the kit man) they have now got permission to speak to Gus and they think they can persuade him to sign on a long term deal. Gave me a load of bollocks about they were going to wait for the summer to sign McDermott which is why they were only offering Curbs a short term deal. Now that McDermott is a definite no they are going all out for Gus and will happily pay compensation for his remaining contract plus Tanno and other coaches etc.

Let me emphasise that I think he had rehearsed the argument when talking about doing a deal to sign McDermott a couple of days ago so I am not convinced by a very long way but then there's always the old "no smoke without fire" routine.................

TBH I wish I hadn't phoned him because I don't honestly think he knows any more than you or I can read on the internet but his occassional bits published give him a spurious legitimacy. Anyway I am now terminally depressed so hoping that the rumour on twitter that they are speaking to Glenn Roeder is more than just a cruel joke or that Wolves fans will turn round and beg for them to sign Steve Bruce.

f*** shit bollocks shit f*** and arseholes................................

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe they see his retirement as being a bit of a problem?

If not, they really should. He was bored at Bristol City, Wolves would probably just about kill him off. It doesn't seem to bother Houllier though, maybe he'll have another go at Premier League management.

I would be a bit suprised if it wasn't Lee Clark now, he's available free, he has the desire to be a top manager and he seems to be able to get players to play well individually, even if his team was a bit limited overall. I think he'd be up for the challenge and wouldn't cost the earth, why aren't they going for him?

Houllier is a good shout. As for coppell retiring and brizzle city that was a long term thing and as you say he was bored or whatever which is why i say short term he would be ideal.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just got hold of a friend who does a bit of freelancing for the Express and Star (not necessarily a recommendation................. in fact not any sort of recommendation!)

slightly cryptic conversation but then isn't that always the case with self proclaimed "journos"? Anyway, he says that according to his sources (undefined but hinted to be within wwfc - could easily be no more than the tea lady or the kit man) they have now got permission to speak to Gus and they think they can persuade him to sign on a long term deal. Gave me a load of bollocks about they were going to wait for the summer to sign McDermott which is why they were only offering Curbs a short term deal. Now that McDermott is a definite no they are going all out for Gus and will happily pay compensation for his remaining contract plus Tanno and other coaches etc.

Let me emphasise that I think he had rehearsed the argument when talking about doing a deal to sign McDermott a couple of days ago so I am not convinced by a very long way but then there's always the old "no smoke without fire" routine.................

TBH I wish I hadn't phoned him because I don't honestly think he knows any more than you or I can read on the internet but his occassional bits published give him a spurious legitimacy. Anyway I am now terminally depressed so hoping that the rumour on twitter that they are speaking to Glenn Roeder is more than just a cruel joke or that Wolves fans will turn round and beg for them to sign Steve Bruce.

Just been reading James Fielden's tweets.....possibly better contacts than my chap (he might actually be the source for my guy's "revelations") but having said that he has a track record of being surprisingly accurate after the event whilst employing a scattergun approach beforehand. One step forward, two steps back in search of the real news................ :D

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

james fielden, freelance journo, who first broke the gus to wolves, states his inside source has never been wrong and has reiterated they are definately going for him and he believes they are willing to pay the compo now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here