Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are an attractive proposition and I doubt the shrewd Mr Bloom would have any trouble in attracting and employing a top candidate to replace him.

But I would feel bitterly let down by Gus for not being straight and bullshitting the fans, just like Adams to Leicester, jumped at the first tart to show some interest.

Indeed and for certain it would blow our season out of the window. He would also probably take Luke Williams and other key backroom staff with him

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What about fire fighter Ian Dowie?

Did the fire win the fight?

4772-no_clue.jpg

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
After giving it time and consideration I have decided that this thread is now getting a tad boring! I will add it to my ignore list!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
James Fielden [MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]_Fielden

"Poyet: Despite his comments last night, I'm told he is willing to talk. Don't think #WWFC would've gone back if they couldn't make it work."

Adam Bourne [MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]_Fielden "u think poyet would be any good?"

James Fielden@ambourne "who knows. Wolves obviously think so and have done today for the third time."

It was Fielden who broke the approach on Friday night in the first place. He's a very good source. Don't think Gus would feel like fourth or fifth choice based on the number of times they have tried to talk to him.
I'm extremely worried now. Think he's gone. A real let down by the big man. I think he has the chance to be a legend here, but leaving for Wolves now would completely destroy that IMHO.

I have been glued to this thread for the best part of 2 days now and gone through every scenario in my head about Gus staying or leaving.

I can now conclude I don't care either way.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That doesn't make sense. Why would Gus's refusal to rest Barnes have anything to do with Bloom letting Gus poach him for another club? Have the courage of your convictions and just admit it was a pop at Barnes.

Seeing as it wasnt a pop at Barnes I won't

My point was Poyet would probably pay a fair whack for Barnes as he seems to rate him and without poyet here I don't think Barnes would get a game

Not because he is shit but because he fits a system that only Gus plays, and if another manager came in I think he wouldn't get a look in

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
IS my £10 to each poster safe yet?

:moo:

I don't remeber their being a time limit on this, so when GP goes to Wolves in 2027 I shall be expecting a payout to supplement the pension I might be getting at the time - at the current rate, this bet might double my pension income .

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I have been glued to this thread for the best part of 2 days now and gone through every scenario in my head about Gus staying or leaving.

I can now conclude I don't care either way.

I sort of feel that way too now. Just want fcking Wolves to sort their sh1tty selves out and get a new manager, WHOEVER it is!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Of course he will still be willing to talk. All managers are always "willing to talk". If this was a serious runner, things wou.ld have firmed up by now with Tony Bloom either seeking or getting a formal request. Neither has happened yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports