Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Also in the running, after 47 candidates turned Wolves down so far:

John Sitton, George Graham, Ron Atkinson, Tony Adams, Glenn Roeder, Christian Gross, John Barnes, Graeme Souness, Ossie Ardiles, Jacques Santini, Terry Venables, Martin Hinshelwood, Alan Ball's ghost.

Though I believe Wolves are now making an official approach to Blackburn to see if Steve Kean would be interested.

In what? Painting the outside of the hut in the corner of the training pitch?

I ask why they have not approched Philip Scolari.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
IS my £10 to each poster safe yet?

:moo:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
James Fielden [MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]_Fielden

"Poyet: Despite his comments last night, I'm told he is willing to talk. Don't think #WWFC would've gone back if they couldn't make it work."

everything I read from Poyets comments, in football speak, looks like he is leaving the door open to wwfc.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

"Poyet: Despite his comments last night, I'm told he is willing to talk. Don't think #WWFC would've gone back if they couldn't make it work."

everything I read from Poyets comments, in football speak, looks like he is leaving the door open to wwfc.

Hmmm

''I'm told''
''Don't think''

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Surprised Wolves haven't given me a bell yet. I mean I'm not the best on FIFA, but I'll do it on my days off if they can pay my travel and supply a nice cup of coffee and a bun. Where will they get a better deal today?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Surprised Wolves haven't given me a bell yet. I mean I'm not the best on FIFA, but I'll do it on my days off if they can pay my travel and supply a nice cup of coffee and a bun. Where will they get a better deal today?

On the face of it, Wolves are f***ed. They can't even find anybody to apply for a very highly paid job in the centre of a City with one of the highest unemployment rates in the UK.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

But you wouldn't have time to prove yourself in 13 games

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Adam Bourne [MENTION=2150]james[/MENTION]_Fielden "u think poyet would be any good?"

James Fielden@ambourne "who knows. Wolves obviously think so and have done today for the third time."

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Where's Paul Hart? Steve McLaren?

Surely all the old boys who can't find any work any more should be getting involved in this? I'm thinking the crap managers of yesterday who were really good at the time, but the game has moved on. Without wanting to be unkind, I'm thinking of you, Micky Adams.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why would Gus want to talk to them ?

They have been turned down by people out of work who would probably jump at the chance of a management job, so what would be the attraction for Gus ?

However if Gus does speak to them I want him to go... He is either here or he isn't, don't want to be a fallback in case the Wolves position isn't what he wants

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where's Paul Hart? Steve McLaren?

Surely all the old boys who can't find any work any more should be getting involved in this? I'm thinking the crap managers of yesterday who were really good at the time, but the game has moved on. Without wanting to be unkind, I'm thinking of you, Micky Adams.

Steve McLaren is back in the Eredivisie, pretending he never walked out on Twente 18 months ago.

Hart is a good shout. Excatly the kind of shit fire-fighter who normally gets these kind of gigs.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Why would Gus want to talk to them ?

They have been turned down by people out of work who would probably jump at the chance of a management job, so what would be the attraction for Gus ?

However if Gus does speak to them I want him to go... He is either here or he isn't, don't want to be a fallback in case the Wolves position isn't what he wants

McDermott used it as leverage to get a better deal, don't forget Gus will have an agent bleating in his ear. If he did actually take it, I would be more disappointed that all the "only a very special club" was bollox and he was just the same as all the other bullshitters.

We are an attractive proposition and I doubt the shrewd Mr Bloom would have any trouble in attracting and employing a top candidate to replace him.

But I would feel bitterly let down by Gus for not being straight and bullshitting the fans, just like Adams to Leicester, jumped at the first tart to show some interest.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
worrying if they have tried for Gus again.

Although paying compo means a longer term deal than they seem to envisage maybe they wanted to get through to the summer then go for either McDermott or Poyet if they have stayed up and Reading or Albion have stayed down? Failing that, Gus hasn't said "no" so perhaps they are encouraged (and desperate by now not to look total mugs) to come back for him with a long term deal.

Their owner is a right arsehole tough - bad rep for wanting to run things much as Gus does for us :) - I just cannot see Gus heading that route

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports