Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just popping in to see how things are going..

£10 please.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
seagullondon can I join the list to receive £10 if Gus goes to Wolves. If he doesn't I will pay you £10 just pm me details of your bank account and password and I will sort it out.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
seagullondon can I join the list to receive £10 if Gus goes to Wolves. If he doesn't I will pay you £10 just pm me details of your bank account and password and I will sort it out.

:lol: are you that kind nigerian man who always emails me?

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
All the rumours are from the E&S - which is known by a certain other name on most forums (I won't swear on here)
Moxey and Morgan (as with Sir Jack before him) are well known to keep quiet about any potential purchases, I can't imagine that you will find a DIRECT quote from either of them as to who is on or off the list.
If you do happen to find a direct quote about someone being OFF the list, then that is the person I would put my money on to get the job :clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I could use a tenner-thanks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All the rumours are from the E&S - which is known by a certain other name on most forums (I won't swear on here)
Moxey and Morgan (as with Sir Jack before him) are well known to keep quiet about any potential purchases, I can't imagine that you will find a DIRECT quote from either of them as to who is on or off the list.
If you do happen to find a direct quote about someone being OFF the list, then that is the person I would put my money on to get the job :clap:
Who do you want southdownswolf?

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Who do you want southdownswolf?

From all the rumoured candidates / combinations, I would take Wilkins as Director of Football with Poyet as Manager. In the short term ie; till the end of season I would take Wilkins as manager, Poyet to follow in the summer. Not sure that I would want Poyet unless he had Wilkins alongside him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
From all the rumoured candidates / combinations, I would take Wilkins as Director of Football with Poyet as Manager. In the short term ie; till the end of season I would take Wilkins as manager, Poyet to follow in the summer. Not sure that I would want Poyet unless he had Wilkins alongside him.
Poyet would want Tarrico as assistant, I'm not sure how he'd cope with having a director of football along side him. He seems pretty hands on in the appointment of the staff. The interim manager solution could be bad news for us, if we stay down and you stay up at the end of the season, it could be enough to tip the balance towards Wolves. Wouldn't TC get the caretakers job before Wilkins?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Out of interest, how loaded is Morgan - I know he's got a few mill, but is he mega rich or are you struggling a bit ? Just curious.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Out of interest, how loaded is Morgan - I know he's got a few mill, but is he mega rich or are you struggling a bit ? Just curious.

Last Times rich list he was worth £390m.
As for the club, we are the only Premier League club that are not in debt. In fact according to the last figures, we had £25m in the bank.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
what I didn't mention was everyone posting asking for £10 has to send me £10 when Gus doesn't leave and Steve Bruce is appointed! :moo:

if you had said this straight away, I would have realised you were Tony Bloom on another guaranteed money making mission.

I believe Gus is still in charge so your okay, if Charlie is on his won tonight on the bench, run away.....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Based on the deafening silence from the club, and Radio Poyet, which contrasts strikingly with the Leeds vacancy.

Something is going on behind the scenes I fear, and it hasn't reached its endgame yet.

Poyet may not go, I HOPE HE DOESN'T, but it shows to me he is tempted, and thus that the job he wants next may not be 'something special'

So 2+2 can equal whatever you please, then you choose to post that on here?

I'm just wondering if it has occurred to you that this 'deafening silence' as you call it, is because there is nothing to report?

I don't know one way or the other - but as least I'm not posting my wild suppositions as fact.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Shirley if Wolves are looking for an up and coming manager Lee Clarke would be the best bet and there would be no compensation to pay either. He just wants someone on the cheap. I still think Gus would take it if offered though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here