Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
what I didn't mention was everyone posting asking for £10 has to send me £10 when Gus doesn't leave and Steve Bruce is appointed! :moo:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Gus's comments are often taken out of context by the media. Most hacks like to put some dressing to a run of the mill story in order to spice it up. Read between the lines of his quotes & they come across as something any half reasonable person would say in many managers shoe's.

Now Adams in his first stint here? He never buttoned his gob for five minutes about his 'ambitions' to manage at a higher level. Towards the end, he quite clearly thought he was too good for Brighton. At higher levels he was pretty soon found out apart from getting Leicester promoted on money they never had. Look where he is now? He's fortunate Port Vale took him back.

PS - I claim my £10.

Compared to Adams, Gus is a master of diplomacy when it comes to 'future ambitions'.

I hardly think Gus is a master of diplomacy, but I take your points about Mr Thicky. In the end, I'm just a mug football supporter who wants to see some stability & a modicum of success at my club. Is that too much to ask? Well yes, it probably is in this day & age - but it doesn't mean that I have to f-ing well like it...

ps Since I've just quoted you, consider yourself to be on a 20 quid pay-out now. Money for nothing innit. :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Must of made about 7 posts in here, well 8 now - so a nice £80 :)

Back OT, i cant see anyone wanting to be the manager with the way Wolves are handling this. Other clubs would quietly draw up a shortlist and work their way through it, not just make it all public.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
conspiracy theory hat on -----Curbs has turned down Wolves so that he can take over here when Gus goes ---- conspiracy theory hat off.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
what I didn't mention was everyone posting asking for £10 has to send me £10 when Gus doesn't leave and Steve Bruce is appointed! :moo:

If all the unthinkable permutations happened & Steve Bruce was appointed Brighton Manager, we could well end up getting Dean White back. After he left Brighton, Bruce gave his old mate from their Gillingham playing days a scouting role at Sunderland.

Could be happy days ahead? :moo::jester:

I make that £30 now.......

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Gus has always said he will go if an amazing opputunity comes his way . Wolves albeit a bigger club with a richer history would not be seen by Gus as an amazing oppurtunity.
TB has done a very clever job of making Gus feel inclusive towards the future of this club , by allowing him to have a say in the pitch size , the material of the shirts and very much invloved in the new training academy. It makes Gus very much a part of this stage of our new development. I don't beleive he is motivated by money , so on that score we should not worry.
If Spurs comes a calling maybe only then should we worry. Possible top 4 prem , possible Champions League. But that by default may mean they are looking at much bigger names than Gus anyway. So all in all , Happy days !!!

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Must of made about 7 posts in here, well 8 now - so a nice £80 :)

Back OT, i cant see anyone wanting to be the manager with the way Wolves are handling this. Other clubs would quietly draw up a shortlist and work their way through it, not just make it all public.

The thing is, Wolves have not made it public. It is the gutter press also known as Express and Star that have been making all the noises. Moxey and Morgan have kept quiet about specific names.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I've never really had a problem with Wolves before (apart from that turd Moxey, who I had the misfortune of meeting once): but I would LOVE IT if they ended up with Mr Potato Head (aka 'Old Fist-Face').

Here's hoping. :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The thing is, Wolves have not made it public. It is the gutter press also known as Express and Star that have been making all the noises. Moxey and Morgan have kept quiet about specific names.

Then how is it getting out ? Id be trying to find out if i were them. Also their own fault for not preparing a replacement before sacking Mick.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
gus would be looking at the spurs ,gunners , chelsea ,west ham type of gig , if redknapp takes the england job , i'll start worrying............he will not be going to the yam yams...!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So can someone summarise the 30 pages?

Mirror said we said he can talk to them - Beeb says they aren't after him? Is that the gist? Oh and a free £10 to all posters from someone yeh...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So can someone summarise the 30 pages?

Mirror said we said he can talk to them - Beeb says they aren't after him? Is that the gist? Oh and a free £10 to all posters from someone yeh...

Pretty much. Sam Wallace of the Indy publicised the approach yesterday too.

That'll be another tenner.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Wolves seek top-flight candidate Star

Looks like Bruce isn't happy about being sloppy seconds according to the local rag.

This paper also had Roy Keene in the running a few days ago?! ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports