Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There's a lot to be side for biding your time as a manager. So many bright young things have had their reputation damaged by poor choices.

It wasnt that long ago that Steve Bruce, Paul Ince etc were being touted as the next United manager. Or David Platt as next England manager. But they were found out in roles that exposed them when they were underfunded/underprepared.

Hoddle got his shot at Chelsea after getting Swindon promoted. Vialli would never have got Chelsea if he'd had Watford first

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just had a call from one of my work colleagues who is a wolves fan and he heard they are in "negotiations" with us .

having said that he also said that wolves were trying to sign maradonna a few years ago so he is not that a reliable source ( HP or Strawberry)

OOh that is two posts on here...£ 20 kerching

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What's the latest feeling in Wolverhampton then?

Naylor summed it up well on twitter and the argus website.

Curbishley doesn't want the job, because Wolves interviewed him and then went cold and interviewed others Then Wolves had a change of heart and came crawling back to him.
Poyet and McDermott aren't going anywhere because their clubs won't give Wolves permission to talk to them.
Bruce probably doesn't want it because he would be third choice behind Curbishley, Poyet and McDermott - Wolves seem to have approached both Reading and Brighton after Bruce's initial interview last week.

Basically, unless Bruce has a change of heart, any appointment will be FIFTH choice at best. In addition to this, Bruce isn't a popular choice amongst all the fans because his tactics are too similar to McCarthy's - surely with the same tactics and the same players he will get very similar results. There are, however, some people that believe Bruce would be a good appointment.

Wolves are getting to the stage where they may have to settle with Terry Connor and ask Jody Craddock to assist as a player coach because nobody in their right mind would want the job knowing that there is a strong chance of relegation and the chairman is busy lusting after other managers.

Lots of people are mentioning Ian Hollway - I have no idea where his name has come from or why. Obviously he has a track record of getting relegated with teams playing in orange...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
just had a call from one of my work colleagues who is a wolves fan and he heard they are in "negotiations" with us .

having said that he also said that wolves were trying to sign maradonna a few years ago so he is not that a reliable source ( HP or Strawberry)

OOh that is two posts on here...£ 20 kerching

Thanks for the info Dave - ooh, that's my take-away tonght paid for now. A few more posts on this and I'll buy myself an iPad.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I must confess that I am getting increasingly pissed-off by Poyet's comments regarding his future ambitions in management. I recognise that it goes with the package, but all this constant speculation can't be good for match preperations - & it certainly ain't doing much for club unity. I just wish he'd get on with the job he's agreed to do here & let his career take care of itself. Bloody modern football. Bring back jumpers for goalposts I say (& proppa football boots n all). Meh. :annoyed:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I must confess that I am getting increasingly pissed-off by Poyet's comments regarding his future ambitions in management. I recognise that it goes with the package, but all this constant speculation can't be good for match preperations - & it certainly ain't doing much for club unity. I just wish he'd get on with the job he's agreed to do here & let his career take care of itself. Bloody modern football. Bring back jumpers for goalposts I say (& proppa football boots n all). Meh. :annoyed:

He is going to be in the running for a job for a club above ours. No matter what he says. And to say he's not getting on with his job at the moment is rather disrespectful to the best manager we have had for decades

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Can I have my £10 early, so that I can use it to persuade Poyet to come to Wolves?

no :moo: and only 3 posts since 2003??? No £10 for people with duplicate accounts!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He is going to be in the running for a job for a club above ours. No matter what he says. And to say he's not getting on with his job at the moment is rather disrespectful to the best manager we have had for decades

Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

ps Respect is a 2-way thing.

Last edited:

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
If Gus leaves to go to Wolves I will give every single person on this thread £10

Hmm juicy £10.

If enough people post and he does go. We NSC, might have generated enough cash on here to buy him back, or even get fergie. Tell your mates...free bets.

Let go f*****g viral, da la la la

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here