Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Most certainly not but his self belief I would surmise would make him think twice that he was never their first choice. If your an out of work candidate, you a more likely to tempted, but, if you are already in one of the best positions outside the premier league then it would need something special to make you move, something Poyet has alluded to.

This. Gus wouldn't do sloppy seconds and he knows he's on to a good thing here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Most certainly not but his self belief I would surmise would make him think twice that he was never their first choice. If your an out of work candidate, you a more likely to tempted, but, if you are already in one of the best positions outside the premier league then it would need something special to make you move, something Poyet has alluded to.

It's not as though he was first choice for his current job, though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Maybe his frustration with the current wage structure is getting to him more than we know.

Strewth! Where will the pointless conjecture ever end? Gus doesn't like the colour of our training tops? The weather is better in Wolverhampton? Tony Bloom is too short for his liking? etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Strewth! Where will the pointless conjecture ever end? Gus doesn't like the colour of our training tops? The weather is better in Wolverhampton? Tony Bloom is too short for his liking? etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Brighton wage structure must change - Gus Poyet

Don't recall seeing any BBC articles about training tops, weather in Wolverhampton or Tony being too short, but I could have missed them.

rool

Jul 10, 2003

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
You don't give it as an opinion, you state it as a fact. "This is true etc". It's not true - you think it might be.

But that wasn't my intention. and I should defend myself on this..

When I said 'This is true' it was a statement of agreement with the previous opinion, not a statement declaring any fact.

cf. Truth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In particular...

"...the prosentential theory of truth, first developed by Dorothy Grover, Joseph Camp, and Nuel Belnap as an elaboration of Ramsey's claims. They argue that sentences like "That's true", when said in response to "It's raining", are prosentences, expressions that merely repeat the content of other expressions..."

But in a nutshell, it was only an opinion I was voicing, and now I've set that straight, it's really not worth arguing over semantics.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Again - based on what?

Based on the deafening silence from the club, and Radio Poyet, which contrasts strikingly with the Leeds vacancy.

Something is going on behind the scenes I fear, and it hasn't reached its endgame yet.

Poyet may not go, I HOPE HE DOESN'T, but it shows to me he is tempted, and thus that the job he wants next may not be 'something special'

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
So why does the BBC report that Wolves have turned their attention back to Steve Bruce, and that the £2 million compensation getting Gus Poyet would prove prohibitive?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
If Poyet goes to Wolves or a club like it you can guarantee within three weeks he will be spouting off about how one day he wants to manage Chelsea or Spurs and will wind up a brand new set of fans!!

I think he'll stay though.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Again - based on what?

It's called reading between the lines TLO. As per Amexican's post, the contrast between the noise of this and Leeds vacancy is stark, that, along with the widely reported FACT that £2m compensation has been put on Gus' head leads me to believe that this particular rumour has more foundation than others. I HOPE AND THINK HE PROBABLY WON'T END UP GOING, but it does make you wonder what might happen when the next prem team comes calling...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Steve Bruce would be a shocking appointment, they need FRESH impetus at that club and getting a new manager like Bruce is not going to give them that. Gus would be the perfect candidate but I think they'll look elsewhere, and even if they did come in for Gus i cant see him wanting to leave for them. That's not meant with any arrogance just that he's destined for bigger things and going to a club like that could damage his reputation a lot, with them probably being relegated soon and the fact the owners seemingly don't see the club going anywhere and have no ambition, i can't see that tempting Gus.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
If Gus leaves to go to Wolves I will give every single person on this thread £10

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I honestly cannot see Gus being remotely interested in a job at a club that has handled itself this badly. Here Gus has a reasonable budget, a team on the up, a supportive chairman with a clear vision of the future and most importantly a key say in every important decision that gets made at the club. Wolves have not been able to satisfy the demands of a number of modest applicants for the job what makes anyone think they can possibly tempt Poyet.

Wolves are not going to end up with anyone better than the person they dumped. That McCarthy had kept them in the premier league for as long as he has been a decent achievement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here