Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I feel he's far too one dimensional. I said at the start of the season that you'll get found out with your style of play far too easily in the championship. He doesn't have a plan B and sems to have little idea how to change things if they're not going his way.

Slate me all you like....and i know BHA are only so many points away from the play-off and so many points away from auto promotion but i just feel that if you have a more experienced manager art the helm, you'd certainly do a lot better.

Ok...it's been a dream season so far and everyone but the most optomistic would've had you fighting relegation....but next season is the one to watch out for.

I wish you luck.

Says the team who only got one goal due to a defensive mix up between Dunk & Bridcutt. We also lost Dicker in that game with a broken leg.
Claridge said we would get found out with our style of football, he had to change his tune.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Says the team who only got one goal due to a defensive mix up between Dunk & Bridcutt. We also lost Dicker in that game with a broken leg.
Claridge said we would get found out with our style of football, he had to change his tune.

To be fair you were completely found out earlier in the season. That 15+ game run without a win made you change your play style, and from what I've seen you pass the ball a lot less than you did, and you are more direct.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would be a terrible move for Dougie. As a club they're bigger and their team is better, but he's loved at Palace and has FAR more room to make mistakes than he would have anywhere else.
If he has low ambition and thinks he'll make a lot of mistakes, he's better staying at Palace, but Palace aren't heading to the premiership any time soon, so if he had ambition it would be a good move. But Wolves don't appear to have any interest in him, which is surprising given how amazing the Palace fans keep saying he is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair you were completely found out earlier in the season. That 15+ game run without a win made you change your play style, and from what I've seen you pass the ball a lot less than you did, and you are more direct.

You haven't seen much then because we still pass the ball around a lot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think that's fair comment although some of that has been dictated a bit by injuries.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok...it's been a dream season so far and everyone but the most optomistic would've had you fighting relegation....
Did they? Just like Norwich fought relegation last year? Teams that win league 1, and then invest in more players, don't normally fight relegation in the Championship.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I feel he's far too one dimensional. I said at the start of the season that you'll get found out with your style of play far too easily in the championship. He doesn't have a plan B and sems to have little idea how to change things if they're not going his way.

Slate me all you like....and i know BHA are only so many points away from the play-off and so many points away from auto promotion but i just feel that if you have a more experienced manager art the helm, you'd certainly do a lot better.

Ok...it's been a dream season so far and everyone but the most optomistic would've had you fighting relegation....but next season is the one to watch out for.

I wish you luck.
I think that is basically lazy repetition of a Claridge quote prior to the season. We play passing football, something West Ham used to do.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Methinks you must have us confused with another club.

15+ run without a win? I don't think so and when have you watched us enough to determine that we are now more direct whilst passing a lot less?

Sounds like wishful thinking on all counts.

ps: It was 10 games (1 of which was a cup game against LFC). The rest? L5 D4.

I wish you luck.

To be fair jevs, although there is some truth in your assessments esp. plan 'b' - you are talking as if we are spunking everything on one season all the time.
Let's look at it another way; first-time manager still on a learning curve as he freely admits.
Spending modestly on players that basically suit our level, and a couple of lads coming through the ranks as expected.
New stadium teething, filled almost to the rafters every week.
Succeeding ABOVE our station mostly with players who are used to league 1 competition.
NOT bigging ourselves up.
JUST managed to survive as a club for 15 years, and supportive of other teeth-skinning clubs like Donny and Hull and Plymouth (!).
Have been performing rather decently, rarely a mid-table outfit and have been in the Championship before too, despite EVERYTHING!

All this makes your club look a little lazy, fat and boring in comparison - having spent big on players and chewing gum for a manager who appears to like a paycheck but has shown fairly unambitious returns in the Prem, where you always EXPECT to be playing but aren't and haven't yet despite barely making the top despite an uncharacteristically LOW point-total to head the division.
So, West Ham are just a bit crap, and judging us like you just have makes YOU a complete PRATT.

Sorry, just telling you how it actually is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On Meridian News they said Readings McDermott is the favourite but Reading have refused to comment on the speculation and Wolves have distanced themselves from Poyet..

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've no intention of leaving my beloved palace , we are a work in progress . Gus on the other hand ? Is his work done ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If he has low ambition and thinks he'll make a lot of mistakes, he's better staying at Palace, but Palace aren't heading to the premiership any time soon, so if he had ambition it would be a good move. But Wolves don't appear to have any interest in him, which is surprising given how amazing the Palace fans keep saying he is.

Poor trolling. Perhaps you should see how the footballing world views Palace ATM before saying he's got no ambition.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Methinks you must have us confused with another club.

15+ run without a win? I don't think so and when have you watched us enough to determine that we are now more direct whilst passing a lot less?

Sounds like wishful thinking on all counts.

ps: It was 10 games (1 of which was a cup game against LFC). The rest? L5 D4.

Right you are, it was 10 games, my eagerness clouded my memory.

I've seen you play 6/7 this season, and living in East Sussex I know quite a few of your lot :)

The presence of Sam Vokes in your team says something too.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Did they? Just like Norwich fought relegation last year? Teams that win league 1, and then invest in more players, don't normally fight relegation in the Championship.

And yet look at Millwall or Bristol City. Promoted, had a season in the top 7/8, then got second season syndrome and look like going down.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
A bit like a dilapidated house that is on the verge of falling down and you only have £10 to spend on it with cowboy builders in charge - is that what you mean?

A bit like a dilapidated house that is on the verge of falling down, yes. Except inside there are five or six very valuable ornaments, which when sold will raise many, many millions of pounds to improve the house further.

Cowboy builders? Please - we've got one of the most secure boards in the country.

By the way, the sale of Zaha alone would make your £10 estimate incorrect by about a million times.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A bit like a dilapidated house that is on the verge of falling down, yes. Except inside there are five or six very valuable ornaments, which when sold will raise many, many millions of pounds to improve the house further.

Cowboy builders? Please - we've got one of the most secure boards in the country.

By the way, the sale of Zaha alone would make your £10 estimate incorrect by about a million times.
more than 10 mill for zaha?..lol

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
more than 10 mill for zaha?..lol

I didn't say that - but as we've turned down £7m and called it "nowhere near our valuation", I'd imagine £10m would be the magic number.

Judging by his performances this season (he's been the best player on the pitch in almost every game by some distance) I'd imagine a few clubs will pay it too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here