Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Rafa Benitez 70-1 on Betfair :moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think there is much chance of POYET going and as CO said on Radio Sussex we have got to get used to the idea of clubs coming in for Gus and wanting to talk to him but it will need tobe something special for him to consider it. From this I would assume that it is non story and no possibility of him going.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Speaking as an outsider looking in, it would be the best thing to happen to BHA if Poyet left.

We could have Allardyce. An absolute joke in the footballing world. I could get West Ham up on that budget. Dinosaur.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that the Gus style is what Wolves need at the moment and I'm pretty certain that Wolves are not what Gus needs at the moment. I will be absolutely amazed if he risks tarnishing his reputation with just a few games of the season left to save a Premier League club in disarray.

Something would have to have gone very wrong with his relationship with Bloom for this job to even be considered.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The only way Wolves might stay up is if they roll up their sleeves and fight it out.
Gus's tippy tappy football would be a disaster and would take them down like a shot, absolutely no chance of him f***ing up his CV by going there.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Did you witness Bruce Jnr's Twitter spat with Stan Collymore last week? Including "@4alexbruce If Mrs Doubtfire wasn't trailing you along to every club he'd been at,you'd never have got a league game son. Remember that." It was WELL funny.

No but it was Collymore who quoted the tweet...

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Why is that?

I feel he's far too one dimensional. I said at the start of the season that you'll get found out with your style of play far too easily in the championship. He doesn't have a plan B and sems to have little idea how to change things if they're not going his way.

Slate me all you like....and i know BHA are only so many points away from the play-off and so many points away from auto promotion but i just feel that if you have a more experienced manager art the helm, you'd certainly do a lot better.

Ok...it's been a dream season so far and everyone but the most optomistic would've had you fighting relegation....but next season is the one to watch out for.

I wish you luck.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Ok...it's been a dream season so far and everyone but the most optomistic would've had you fighting relegation...
Well, how have we managed to avoid such a scenario then? Can't have been anything to do with that Poyet fella, surely?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I feel he's far too one dimensional. I said at the start of the season that you'll get found out with your style of play far too easily in the championship. He doesn't have a plan B and sems to have little idea how to change things if they're not going his way.

Slate me all you like....and i know BHA are only so many points away from the play-off and so many points away from auto promotion but i just feel that if you have a more experienced manager art the helm, you'd certainly do a lot better.

Ok...it's been a dream season so far and everyone but the most optomistic would've had you fighting relegation....but next season is the one to watch out for.

I wish you luck.

I think you are right that we have been bullied into submission a few times this season by teams who were much bigger and stronger (Stains at St Mary's, Boro away and your lot at the Amex for example) but on the other hand Swansea were promoted last year and they stuck to their guns of playing a passing game.

West Ham also don't have much of a plan B under Big Sam, but you are still top of the table. We can't compete with you in terms of paying players wages of £40-50k a week, and this should help get you back up (where IMO you belong).

At the same time it can't be great to have to compromise the traditions of the club with such a manager at the helm.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Curbishley was out as much as 25/1 earlier today with skybet and has now been backed down to 3/1 in a few hours.

for someone who publicly pulled out, there must be some heavy bets being placed on him this afternoon, somebody knows something us mere mortals don't

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/wolves-specials/next-permanent-manager

Gus has drifted in the last few hours too, I stuck a few quid on him earlier today, but could only get 15/2.

Oct 25, 2003

I wish you luck.

we haven't been "found out" though......otherwise we'd be near the bottom not challenging for the play-offs

for a team that doesn't have a plan b we've done pretty well

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've said already on this thread, I just cannot understand this "no plan B" argument. Without really spending a lot (in comparison anyway), we are in the top half of a difficult division, and have beaten 2 prem teams in the cups, and played very well against one (well, one time out of two anyway). In both league and cup we have won a lot more games than we have lost. We have also come from behind on quite a few occasions.

All you "he has no plan B" merchants - answer me this: If Poyet had this mythical quality that he is supposedly lacking, based on how generally positive our results currently are, we surely we would have won every single game we have already played, no? I genuinely cannot understand what people expect.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Have Wolves approached Palace for Dougie yet? Because I understand he's the best young manager there is outside of the premiership, so it seems like an obvious choice.

Would be a terrible move for Dougie. As a club they're bigger and their team is better, but he's loved at Palace and has FAR more room to make mistakes than he would have anywhere else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here