Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Anyone that's concerned might want to read the article about David Burke on the official site...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There's more chance of Hove B&B having a fivesome involving his missus, Caroline Lucas, John Prescott and Arthur Scargill then there is of Poyet joining Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If Gus left for Wolves, he'd never have a chance of getting Spurs or Chelsea. Simple as that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not a good option for Wolves... Tony will work against it... Gus should't be interested in this opportunity... can't see it happening TBH, but you never know...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
If you were a Wolves fan who saw their team concede 5 at the weekend wouldn't you have doubts about Poyet taking over after yesterday's result????

having seen us concede SIX (and they missed a pen!) I would think that from a Wolves' fans perspective, that would hardly be an improvement

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gus won't go to Wolves. Why would he? Straight into a relegation battle that he could lose and would damage his cv? Rather than a promotion push with us that would enhance his cv.

Just no rationale point to it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Gus won't go to Wolves. Why would he? Straight into a relegation battle that he could lose and would damage his cv? Rather than a promotion push with us that would enhance his cv.

Just no rationale point to it.

Any manager with confidence would back himself to get a team out of relegation trouble, and there are certainly worse teams in the prem than Wolves, so they stand every chance of getting out with a new manager.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
New clubs from the South

You are 100% correct. Wolves are a MUCH bigger club than we are, with a far richer history and standing in the game. Some of the remarks from our fans on here calling them "two bob" are embarrassing to say the least. That doesn't mean to say I think Gus will go there - I don't. But that won't be because he thinks we are a bigger club than Wolves. Frankly thats an idiotic analysis of the situation.

Its results that count:

Brighton and Hove Albion Head-to-Head - statto.com

Strangely one of the most exciting I saw was the 2-3 defeat in 1969. Back then they were a great draw. They have lost a lot of their reputation since then. For youngsters now they are just an ordinary club like Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion. New teams on the block like Reading, Southampton, Brighton, think they can compete on an even scale.

The Wolves record of winning every single division (except the Premier) and both Cups is astonishing. I expect they will be challenging for the Championship play-off spot at some point next season.

League
First Division
Champions: 1953–54, 1957–58, 1958–59
Championship / Second Division
Champions: 1931–32, 1976–77, 2008–09
Runners-up: 1966–67, 1982–83
Play-off winners: 2003
Third Division (North) / Third Division
Champions: 1923–24, 1988–89
Fourth Division
Champions: 1987–88
[edit]Cup
UEFA Cup
Runners-up: 1972
FA Cup
Winners: 1893, 1908, 1949, 1960
Runners-up: 1889, 1896, 1921, 1939
Third-place: 1973
Semi-finalists: 1889, 1890, 1893, 1896, 1908, 1921, 1939, 1949, 1951, 1960, 1973, 1979, 1981, 1998 (of these 14 appearances, 8 resulted in progression to the Final)
Football League Cup
Winners: 1974, 1980
Semi-finalists: 1973, 1974, 1980 (of these 3 appearances, 2 resulted in progression to the Final)
FA Charity Shield
Winners: 1949*, 1954*, 1959, 1960* (* joint holders)
Runners-up: 1958
Football League Trophy
Winners: 1988
Texaco Cup
Winners: 1971
[edit]Minor honours
Football League War Cup
Winners: 1942
FA Youth Cup
Winners: 1958
Runners-up: 1953, 1954, 1962, 1976

On the laurels of Stan Cullis and Derek Dougan. Nobody, even knows who is on the books oif Wolves except for Keogh and Vokes, Sylvan Agustus Ebanks-Blake and an unpronounceable not so youngster with a name beginning in G.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Any manager with confidence would back himself to get a team out of relegation trouble, and there are certainly worse teams in the prem than Wolves, so they stand every chance of getting out with a new manager.

You gotta be a bit delusional. Wolves know they are going down, probably with QPR and one other (team from Lancashire). If Wolves had beaten West Bromwich at home they may have stayed up.

I think it would be better if three Lancashire clubs got relegated, but Bolton have an easier fixture list than the others.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its results that count:

Brighton and Hove Albion Head-to-Head - statto.com

Strangely one of the most exciting I saw was the 2-3 defeat in 1969. Back then they were a great draw. They have lost a lot of their reputation since then. For youngsters now they are just an ordinary club like Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion. New teams on the block like Reading, Southampton, Brighton, think they can compete on an even scale.

The Wolves record of winning every single division (except the Premier) and both Cups is astonishing. I expect they will be challenging for the Championship play-off spot at some point next season.

On the laurels of Stan Cullis and Derek Dougan. Nobody, even knows who is on the books oif Wolves except for Keogh and Vokes, Sylvan Agustus Ebanks-Blake and an unpronounceable not so youngster with a name beginning in G.

No its not. Its trophies, attendences and time spent playing at the top level.

Wolves beat us hands down on all counts.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Just seen a tweet from Sam Wallace a journo from The Independent - "On Wolves & Gus Poyet: £2m compensation appears too high. However, reliably informed that #BHAFC gave permission for two parties to speak"
He's usually a pretty reliable source.

I have a bad feeling about this. Poyet is refusing to comment and he's usually not shy at opening his mouth.

Wolves fulfill the Leeds "bigger club" criteria. No way they will go down with a new manager. Relatively conservative and stable ownership i.e. not a high turn over of management. There are three worse clubs than them in the prem.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If he does go then good riddance.

If he goes it proves that he was quite simply a big fat liar all along and I have a feeling that his 6 year plan of managing a top Prem team will fall back to ten years if he goes to Wolves.

Of course this isn't saying I'd be GLAD, I'm saying I would rather have someone truly committed than a liar.

I don't think he'll go though.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have put the honours of Wolves up in the message above. You can see they were a big club in 1969 when we played them for the first time. They have gone to the dogs since and looking to revive former glories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here