Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Gus is becoming well known on TV and radio and will be linked with many clubs , dont think Wolves would be a big enough step up but if Harry gets the English job then we could lose out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gus is becoming well known on TV and radio and will be linked with many clubs , dont think Wolves would be a big enough step up but if Harry gets the English job then we could lose out.

Honestly cannot see that happening.

If, as looks likely, Spurs finish in the top 4 and achieve Champions League for next season, could you HONESTLY see them coming knocking to appoint a manager who has nothing other than a 3rd Division title on his CV ?

Come on.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Honestly cannot see that happening.

If, as looks likely, Spurs finish in the top 4 and achieve Champions League for next season, could you HONESTLY see them coming knocking to appoint a manager who has nothing other than a 3rd Division title on his CV ?

Come on.

But remember, if you buy one Gus Poyet, you get a Mauriccio Tarico for free. They love an offer down Enfield way. Or free stuff in general.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they kidnapped the pair of them and burned down the local orphanage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But remember, if you buy one Gus Poyet, you get a Mauriccio Tarico for free. They love an offer down Enfield way. Or free stuff in general.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they kidnapped the pair of them and burned down the local orphanage.

Mmm, good point.

Throw in a Charlie Oatway and we could probably get an additional six months supply of complimentary luncheon vouchers for the laundry staff.

You can use them in Uncle Sams you know.

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012
More seaweed delusion. Despite what you lot say Wolves is a much bigger club, with a much richer history and proper passionate fans. Secondly if he doesn't go there, which I dont think he will, i wouldnt worry about him being off to Spurs in the summer. They're going to be in the champions league next season I think they'll have a few bigger names than Gus Poyet on their list. Maybe someone that's won more than the third division title.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
More seaweed delusion. Despite what you lot say Wolves is a much bigger club, with a much richer history and proper passionate fans. Secondly if he doesn't go there, which I dont think he will, i wouldnt worry about him being off to Spurs in the summer. They're going to be in the champions league next season I think they'll have a few bigger names than Gus Poyet on their list. Maybe someone that's won more than the third division title.

I agree with most of your points (honestly), and would say that the main reason Gus won't go to Wolves is that come what May, they'll be relegated and he'd have to start from scratch, with players and backroom staff he doesn't know. If Tottenham offered him the job he'd bite their arm(s + legs) off and I wouldn't blame him. But they won't. If they offer him the managers position I will f*** my own arse. There, it's down in writing. Finally.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

It's a title more than Freedman has won. :)

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

So, in conclusion, you don't think he's going to Wolves or Spurs.

As banter goes you haven't done so well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You are 100% correct. Wolves are a MUCH bigger club than we are, with a far richer history and standing in the game. Some of the remarks from our fans on here calling them "two bob" are embarrassing to say the least. That doesn't mean to say I think Gus will go there - I don't. But that won't be because he thinks we are a bigger club than Wolves. Frankly thats an idiotic analysis of the situation.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It's a title more than Freedman has won. :)

Thankfully he never had a chance to win that title. Because, you know, we've not been in that league since before he was born.

As for Gustavo, not sure if he'd want to join Wolves. They're likely to go down this season I'd imagine. As said above, Spuds wouldn't offer him a job.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thankfully he never had a chance to win that title. Because, you know, we've not been in that league since before he was born.

Indeed.

Keeping players of a class you can't afford tends to afford you that luxury. Its the PFC way, and highly successful it is too.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Indeed.

Keeping players of a class you can't afford tends to afford you that luxury. Its the PFC way, and highly successful it is too.

Not any more fella, but this has been done to death on most threads. We f***ed up, we're doing it properly now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not any more fella, but this has been done to death on most threads. We f***ed up, we're doing it properly now.

Okey doke.

Just don't come on here waving it in our faces like a big flaccid dick then, lording it like its an achievement not dropping into the lower leagues eh. You f***ed up (ie cheated) to avoid that consequence that we had to go through.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Wolves going for Gus and McD says to me that they expect to get relegated. They're likely to be right at the top of the Champ table next season - they'll have the parachute money and many of their current squad. If they have either Poyet or McDermott managing then they will expect to be getting back up first time. That's what the owner will be saying - find out about the team in the remainder of this season, sell & move out some in the summer, get replacements with the money (quite probably from your old clubs) and take us back up. That might appeal to a manager of a team on the fringes of the playoffs - and possibly wondering if his current team isn't quite good enough.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Wolves going for Gus and McD says to me that they expect to get relegated. They're likely to be right at the top of the Champ table next season - they'll have the parachute money and many of their current squad. If they have either Poyet or McDermott managing then they will expect to be getting back up first time. That's what the owner will be saying - find out about the team in the remainder of this season, sell & move out some in the summer, get replacements with the money (quite probably from your old clubs) and take us back up. That might appeal to a manager of a team on the fringes of the playoffs - and possibly wondering if his current team isn't quite good enough.

So...you're a 'glass half full' kinda guy?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

So they're after a firefighter. Someone who can either keep them up, or all but guarantee that they'll bounce straight back up if they do get relegated.

In other words, someone who will get about 18 months in the job, if he's lucky. Mmm, attractive.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Poyet to spurs get real as if they would offer it to him. I would rather bet on wenger than poyet being offered it. If they did poyet would bite their arm off.

Wolves I would like to think currently there is more glory to be had here.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Wolve's future depends on them being able to complete the stadium redevelopment, which requires them to be in the top flight of football. This would require a manager who has proven themselves against this task. If allardyce wasn't at west ham he'd be ideal, fault his football all you like, but he kept teams up. Poyet hasn't proven himself in the second division yet let alone the first (sorry, Barclays Premier League), and would therefore be a massive risk to Wolve's future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here