Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Interested to know who you think is better than a manager who is ex-Albion and been nothing but a complete success for years in the Premiership? I don`t think he will nor do I want Gus to go but if he did and Curbishley was to replace him, I would be very pleased.Poyet is a good manager who is still learning,he is great for the Albion and the Albion is great for him,but nonetheless,Curbishley is the real deal.There are other potentially good managers that may be available,but Curbishley already has a great pedigree.

He had a great pedigree about 5 years ago. Where has he been recently, why isn't he back in the Premiership if he is THAT good, you think everyone would be falling over themselves. Ex-Albion is not an issue for me or a requirement. If Gus leaves, the next person can be ex-Palace as far as I'm concerned as long as we continue to progress.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I also don't think Gus will go to Wolves. He's not likely to keep them up with his way of playing and how long that takes to drum into the players.

But I also think that the footballing ethos Gus has started here is bigger than the man himself. If and when he does go, it won't be the end of the world - even though I will be gutted. I'm sure a shortlist for his replacement is already in place.

I have a feeling Wise and Zola are on that list.

he had a great pedigree about 5 years ago. Where has he been recently, why isn't he back in the premiership if he is that good, you think everyone would be falling over themselves. Ex-albion is not an issue for me or a requirement. If gus leaves, the next person can be ex palace as far as i'm concerned as long as we continue to progress.

shame on you!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Stands to reason though doesn't it ?

Gus has made no secret of his Premier League ambitions, but I think he'd be looking for a little more than 13 games at Molineux to realise them. He'd be a FOOL to ditch what he has here and dive into a relegation dogfight at the arse end of the Prem. I'm sure he's not that desperate.

Absolutely. He would be a fool. And he isn't. Also he is a good man - and will choose the right time to go.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Would be disappointed to see Gus depart (although I wouldn't put money on Wolves being his choice) - but wouldn't mind betting that Tony Bloom has a discrete short list ready just in case. There is no room for sentiment in footie and TB is in this for the long haul. I could see another younger 'name' such as Di Matteo or Zola coming in who would continue the continental flair and hopefully have that 'X' factor to inspire the squad and fans.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Would be disappointed to see Gus depart (although I wouldn't put money on Wolves being his choice) - but wouldn't mind betting that Tony Bloom has a discrete short list ready just in case. There is no room for sentiment in footie and TB is in this for the long haul. I could see another younger 'name' such as Di Matteo or Zola coming in who would continue the continental flair and hopefully have that 'X' factor to inspire the squad and fans.

If Gus wanted Wolves, knowing Bloom, i wouldnt be suprised if he got Gus to tell him prior to it becoming public, then laid a few million on it with the bookies.... double the compensation :lol:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
For what its worth - (probably not much) i have been told by a rubbish source that Lee Clarke will be appointed. Was told at 6.00 tonight and had a small bet. Now note that betting has been suspended on Bet365.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why would Gus go to a side whose fans are so deluded they don't even know their shirts are orange?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
For what its worth - (probably not much) i have been told by a rubbish source that Lee Clarke will be appointed. Was told at 6.00 tonight and had a small bet. Now note that betting has been suspended on Bet365.

a lot of bookies suspend betting in the evening/night

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
With all due to respect to Poyet, I'd imagine he is he the last thing they need at the mo.

A relegation dog fight at this stage of his career ? Both Poyet and Wolves would be nuts.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here