Wolves have asked Brighton permission to speak to Gus Poyet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
13 games left for Wolves to save their bacon this season. Whats Gus going to do - go there and try to implement his style within that timeframe and get them to PASS their way our of trouble with a bunch of new players he's never clapped eyes on in his life ? Or abandon every principal he has stuck by throughout his managerial career, compromise his style to try and get a quick fix and stay in the Prem ?

Wolves fans are not known for their patience. A few bad results and a few sideways / backwards passes later, they'll be calling for his head if they go down, and thats the first stain on his managerial CV signed and sealed.

Gus would have to be some kind of headcase to want to take that job on right now.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Absolutely NO CHANCE of him going to The Dogheads. They could do worse than to reinstate Mick Mac to keep 'em up again.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
13 games left for Wolves to save their bacon this season. Whats Gus going to do - go there and try to implement his style within that timeframe and get them to PASS their way our of trouble with a bunch of new players he's never clapped eyes on in his life ? Or abandon every principal he has stuck by throughout his managerial career, compromise his style to try and get a quick fix and stay in the Prem ?

Wolves fans are not known for their patience. A few bad results and a few sideways / backwards passes later, they'll be calling for his head if they go down, and thats the first stain on his managerial CV signed and sealed.

Gus would have to be some kind of headcase to want to take that job on right now.

This.

It would be an awful gamble to make.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

And Breath ....................

thanks for that Easy. I might go and do some meditation ..................

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Losing Poyet means losing Buckley and Bridcutt. Those 3 could bring us about £8/9M!

Di Matteo or Zola can replace Poyet.

Yeah because I bet Buckley just loves being subbed at half time and sitting on the bench when fit. Buckley has been undroppable just lately, but all to often he is the first name up for being subbed, or left on the bench....If Poyet leaves I would be amazed if Buckley followed him anywhere and while on that subject, whats JFC done to be out left out of squad altogether since the Newcastle game?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It wouldn't be the end of the world if gus left,this club is going places with or without gus:)
I will not have a manager use us as a stepping stone,we're an ambitious club and need dedicated comments unlike gus's leeds and spurs comments,if gus doesn't see his future here then he needs to move on. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah because I bet Buckley just loves being subbed at half time and sitting on the bench when fit. Buckley has been undroppable just lately, but all to often he is the first name up for being subbed, or left on the bench....If Poyet leaves I would be amazed if Buckley followed him anywhere and while on that subject, whats JFC done to be out left out of squad altogether since the Newcastle game?

He tweeted that he wasn't well last week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It wouldn't be the end of the world if gus left,this club is going places with or without gus:)
I will not have a manager use us as a stepping stone,we're an ambitious club and need dedicated comments unlike gus's leeds and spurs comments,if gus doesn't see his future here then he needs to move on. :)

But then he hasn't said he wants to leave...and if he did say that ..then he would be moving on :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn`t that Sparrow?

Sparrow might have been unwell too or just suspended, but JFC certainly said he wasn't well last Wednesday, as I checked up for another thread earlier today which mentioned him being on the bench when 7 subs were allowed for a cup game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And Breath ....................

thanks for that Easy. I might go and do some meditation ..................

Stands to reason though doesn't it ?

Gus has made no secret of his Premier League ambitions, but I think he'd be looking for a little more than 13 games at Molineux to realise them. He'd be a FOOL to ditch what he has here and dive into a relegation dogfight at the arse end of the Prem. I'm sure he's not that desperate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports