Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves Fans View

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Football fans - don't you just love them :lolol:

They seem to have more doom mongers than us. I look at their team and see quality such as Doyle & Ewbanks-Blake upfront and think a point will do us nicely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They're not very confident are they.? Remember when every big team expected to just brush us aside? It seems everyone fears us these days, hopefully the new signings Orlandi, Lopez and Dobbie have now settled into the way we play and we can turn all this possession into thumping wins. Our bench is the strongest I can remember, we CAN beat anyone in this division home or away.

Hopefully Blackpool was just a dreadful day at the office but we still managed to get a draw.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Originally Posted by Sheriff Woody View Post
I think the previous 3 years have taken its toll on Foley (as well as a few others). He's gone from being a solid dependable full-back (albeit at Championship level) to a player that has been asked to fulfil other roles all over the pitch to plug the gaps. To think that Stearman is has been considered a better option at right-back by more than one manager clearly shows that something is wrong somewhere!

His confidence is shot, much like Ward, Doyle, Ebanks-Blake et al. The stagnation within the team/squad is almost palpable, they look like they are scared to do anything more adventurous other than receive the ball and get rid of it somewhere/anywhere before getting back behind the ball.

Having said all that I'd still pick Foley over any of the other options!

There doesn't seem to be any kind fluency our players don't look like they are enjoying it, even when we do take a lead they immediately look like they're waiting for the inevitable to happen. I don't know how you can solve it other than get a few wins to build confidence, but we've done that and it only took 1 bad result for them to return to what now feels like the 'norm'.

Brighton play decent football and unless we get in their faces and press the ball high up the pitch (like Solbakken's sides are supposed to do) they will stroll through us just like pretty much every team that has been to Molineux in the past 12 months. When we have the ball we need to use the space, not just hoof it up the pitch and give possession away. I'm sick of seeing nothing balls lumped forward, it never works.......... ever!

I imagine the team will be similar to yesterdays. The following will happen:

I'm sure Edwards will play on the right to quell the threat of Bridge. Bridge will try to get forward from left-back for Brighton as often as he can. Edwards will also find himself in a number of decent positions only to be let down by either poor service or his own pub football touch.

Johnson and Berra will be given the runaround by Mackail-Smith.

Henry and Doumbia will flatter to deceive in midfield and essentially lose the midfield battle. They'll end up chasing shadows, both getting booked before one of them gets substituted around the hour mark for Davis or Forde.

Both full-backs (Ward + take your pick) will spend most of their time back pedalling.

Sako will look comfortable on the ball but have no support from his statue-esque team mates. Eventually give up and do it all himself making us look good for approximately 5 minutes before half time and for the last 5-10 minutes (albeit knackered by then).

Doyle will look like a dog chasing a balloon for the first 5-10 minutes before giving up and just wandering around.

Ebanks-Blake/Sigurdarson - Will spend most of their time with their backs to goal and the ball flying over their head from aimless balls.

Ikeme - Will pull off a number of decent stops before letting in a soft goal from a set piece after the defence stood there and watched the unmarked Brighton player control the ball, steady himself and pick his spot from inside the 18 yard box.

Ikeme

Stearman, Johnson, Berra, Ward

Edwards, Henry, Doumbia, Sako

Doyle, Ebanks-Blake

Subs

De Vries (unless he throws his toys out of the pram)
Foley
Batth
Sigurdarson
Forde
Davis
Pennant

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
Yeah that's the post i like ! :lolol:

I've always had quite a soft spot for Wolves, but it does seem like they're going through a rough patch at the moment, and their attendances are down on what they would normally be. Wolves fans are notoriously impatient and undoubtedly will Boo if they haven't scored after half hour !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"Doyle will look like a dog chasing a balloon for the first 5-10 minutes before giving up and just wandering around."

I was just about to post that, made me smile, properly, that did, in fact, I'm going to anyway"

Doyle will look like a dog chasing a balloon for the first 5-10 minutes before giving up and just wandering around.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Little do they realise we have another full back just as talented as Bridge and probably even more attack minded.

Not a single one of them seems to think they'll win. We've got to take advantage of their lack of confidence and run this match.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What I like about reading that, no, what I REALLY like about reading that is the overwhelming acceptance of of how we play. It's not just Albion fans telling the opposition about our style, but teams fresh from the Premier League knowing full well we are a Swansea lite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here