Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves Fans Anticipating Amex Agony

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
FFS The last time I went to Wolves there were no pubs would let away fans in even if it was in the town
The whole place unwelcoming and unfriendly
That is and was the last time I will be going to that dump

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Tone of Wolves thread linked in thread start has ended up quite positive. I know we are not allowed to mind but some nice things being said now... 2,200 expected to travel.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The evidence is all here. With many brave wolves shunning the trip altogether, others are expecting to queue for an hour for trains from a 'horrible, soulless ground' that of course is 'in the middle of nowhere'. And with no pubs anywhere near the ground 'The Swan is home fans only' [although it isn't], they won't be venturing into the town to drink, because it turns out that 'Brighton's a dump.'

Plenty of evidence there that the heroic efforts of the Amex PR and marketing team have yet to penetrate as far as the Black Country.

Well that seems way off the mark if posts are to be believed...2200 apparently.....doesnt seem half as bad as some people are making out...only thing i could see worth discussing is someone saying the pies aren't as good as they used to be...correct?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The downside of a few negative comments on a forum such as that is that they shout loudest. It cannot be taken as the encompassing view. In my experience, Wolves fans are pretty good value.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Meeting a colleague from work who is a Wolves STH and his mate.

He said we are going to Loos which means Lewes so will be in the Landsdowne pre-match. Having never really drunk in Lewes does this pub serve Harveys ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS The last time I went to Wolves there were no pubs would let away fans in even if it was in the town
The whole place unwelcoming and unfriendly
That is and was the last time I will be going to that dump

Balderdash you can drink in the Great Western by the station

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Meeting a colleague from work who is a Wolves STH and his mate.

He said we are going to Loos which means Lewes so will be in the Landsdowne pre-match. Having never really drunk in Lewes does this pub serve Harveys ?

Yes - your best bet is to walk up the road to Royal Oak where they don't sell it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some decent comments on that Wolves forum link as well as the negative posts.
Before the last Wolves match I spoke to a group of their fans that got on at Lewes, they had been enjoying the Lewes pubs.

The day after the Wolves match I saw about 15 of their fans at the cricket in Hove, they were having a brilliant time.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It was amusing when he threw his shirt into their fans, and they threw it back at him.

Didn't he walk straight off without going over to them?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

DazzaWolvesUK

Mar 12, 2015
Hey guys

i think i speak for the majority of wolves fans and when we got relegated on ur place the general reactions from wolves fans was good to the brighton fans and ground, we all had a good day even tho we got relegated and i look forward to coming back tomorrow :)

Thanks

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hey guys

i think i speak for the majority of wolves fans and when we got relegated on ur place the general reactions from wolves fans was good to the brighton fans and ground, we all had a good day even tho we got relegated and i look forward to coming back tomorrow :)

Thanks

Have a safe trip, enjoy the game.

Get there early and stay for a drink afterwards.

And leave the points in Sussex

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Hey guys

Thanks

Are you still at school:ohmy:------Grammar Police Alert :moo:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Some decent comments on that Wolves forum link as well as the negative posts.
Before the last Wolves match I spoke to a group of their fans that got on at Lewes, they had been enjoying the Lewes pubs.

The day after the Wolves match I saw about 15 of their fans at the cricket in Hove, they were having a brilliant time.

They were a good spirited bunch that game and joined in with multiple circuits of Mexican waves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here