Wolves Allocation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Got my ticket through the post today, in the Stan Cullis Upper, had a quick look to see where that is in the ground, turns out its right in the corner and quoting the football ground guide...

"The stand extends partly around one corner towards the Steve Bull Stand and some seats in the upper tier in that corner, will have a restricted view of the playing area, due to the roof of the Steve Bull Stand being directly in the line of sight"

Likely to be much of an obstruction or not?! My initial thoughts are what a shit view!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not really

molineux-view-from-the-away-section.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
Got my ticket through the post today, in the Stan Cullis Upper, had a quick look to see where that is in the ground, turns out its right in the corner and quoting the football ground guide...

"The stand extends partly around one corner towards the Steve Bull Stand and some seats in the upper tier in that corner, will have a restricted view of the playing area, due to the roof of the Steve Bull Stand being directly in the line of sight"

Likely to be much of an obstruction or not?! My initial thoughts are what a shit view!
don't bother going then :shrug:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

The club will be obliged to tell you if the view is in any way restricted, I would imagine there are only a handful restricted and these would be sold last if at all (in the unlikely event we sell out). If you like a pre-match drink I would recommend the Great Western, a cracking boozer and if you want to see a proper Wolverhampton pub you won't beat the Tap 7 Spile, I am sure [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] will vouch for this.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Right, some views from a 'local' (lived in Wolverhampton for 7 years before moving to Dudley). The restricted view tickets are not being sold by Wolves. The reason they are there is that the Steve Bull stand will be pulled down somewhen in the near future - this is when they will begin to use those seats. The away fans are in that corner - but not so far over that the view is restricted.

The only pub that accepts away fans is Walkabout, which is pretty much the same as any other Walkabout bar.

If you want to go to a Black Country Boozer [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] is right about the tap and spile - but I think they only accept home fans on match days.

I last went in the new stand (Stand Cullis stand, the second) when it was half built - they opened the bottom tier whilst the top tier was still under construction. It is much like any other newish stadium - enough leg room and fairly big concourses.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Right, some views from a 'local' (lived in Wolverhampton for 7 years before moving to Dudley). The restricted view tickets are not being sold by Wolves. The reason they are there is that the Steve Bull stand will be pulled down somewhen in the near future - this is when they will begin to use those seats. The away fans are in that corner - but not so far over that the view is restricted.

The only pub that accepts away fans is Walkabout, which is pretty much the same as any other Walkabout bar.

If you want to go to a Black Country Boozer [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] is right about the tap and spile - but I think they only accept home fans on match days.

I last went in the new stand (Stand Cullis stand, the second) when it was half built - they opened the bottom tier whilst the top tier was still under construction. It is much like any other newish stadium - enough leg room and fairly big concourses.

Beer served in the away end ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Beer served in the away end ?

Haven't got a clue - one of their stand sponsors used to be Carling, but I don't think they work with them any more. There might be Bank's bitter (no promises).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm fairly familiar with Wolves. Do Spoons let away fans in? I'm guessing not? Shame if it doesn't as it's in a great location by the station!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If you're wearing colours you'll probably struggle to get in most places other than Walkabouts, but there are no pubs other than near to the ground that to my knowledge ask for tickets to get into pubs so as long as you keep colours covered up you'll be fine in most pubs. Take my recommendations though, Great Western and Tap & Spile and you wont go far wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports